Frank Murphy's Sucessor.

The Secretary of the Cork County Board last year announced his intention to retire from his position in the near future.

As we can only guess what the salary is as no one seems to know, we can only imagine it is a fairly well paid position seeing all the time it seems to take up particularly during the summer.

Should a new position be drafted a sort of Director of Sport rather than the title Secretary.

When he does step down. Who are the candidates to suceed him.

Here is a few I came up with staring out the window on my journey home from one of the blackest days in Croke Park for Cork Hurling.

All bar one would be my choice but are these the guys that will be in the frame.

Christy Cooney, Pearse Murphy, Jim Forbes, Donal O Grady John Fenton Finbarr Mc Carthy.

The Secretary of the Cork County Board last year announced his intention to retire from his position in the near future.

As we can only guess what the salary is as no one seems to know, we can only imagine it is a fairly well paid position seeing all the time it seems to take up particularly during the summer.

Should a new position be drafted a sort of Director of Sport rather than the title Secretary.

Here is a few I came up with staring out the window on my journey home from one of the blackest days in Croke Park for Cork Hurling.

All bar one would be my choice but are these the guys that will be in the frame.

Christy Cooney, Pearse Murphy, Jim Forbes, Donal O Grady John Fenton Finbarr Mc Carthy.

No, because that is not what the role is. The role is secretary, and needs to revert to being that, rather than being the role of Il Duce or der furher.
The workload for the County board secretary in a County the size of Cork should not be underestimated and would be better off handled by someone who is a top administrator with the skills required to keep the ship running steady.

I see Donal O'Grady retired from the AG this year...

I just hope the new county secretary is appointed fairly.We can't afford anymore games of politics and musical chairs.We need to get to work on getting our minor and u21 teams winning again.Cork hurling is at crossroads and it is important that it is steered in the right direction.

Why can't a county the size of ours have a Secretary, and a Director of Coaching/Games Development that is answerable to the County Board? Surely we could afford a new officer of that ilk. And why not somebody from another sport/country? Somebody who has experience bringing their sport to the masses. For example, one of the problems being cited on here is that hurling is not as popular amongst the kids of Cork as it is with the kids of Kilkenny. A new director of coaching could look at why this image is developing and come up with solutions to that problem. Tackle the problem at its root.

Last edited:
Is it true that Donal O Grady finished in the North Mon as Headmaster in June of this year. !

Even if it is true can we really expect that Fwank is going to let someone into the most powerful position in Cork GAA. I bet he will still attempt to interfere with the workings of the GAA. We are too soft and easily led.

My late departed Dad was a GAA man all his life and a quiet man as well. But he absolutely detested that man Fwank and would get vicious when speaking of him. I remember that as a wee lad in the mid 70's, the 80's, 90's and 00's.

There most be some way of forcing the complete overhaul of the CCB. I mean, Christ, did ya see the quote from O'Sullivan on the Echo. I am paraphrasing here.

'I think Cork hurling will be fine. We had good U21 and Minor teams and they were unlucky not to win All Irelands. It was the most 'sit on the fence' shite I have heard in ages. There was no drive, commitment to change or anything

Please someone HEEEEEEEEEEELP

martin bormann might be available

The Secretary of the Cork County Board last year announced his INTENTION to retire from his position in the near future.

Note the important word.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

28th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Tanq & Tunes

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼