Frank Murphy to remain as secretary until 2016..

With lack of funds, land and planning issues that project could be going for the next 10+ years.

Rugby and Soccer shares up 14% on the news today and hurley futures have collapsed but combs,rosary beads and anoracks up 12% as a result.

Clever snakey move by Frank Murphy.

Congratulatory phone calls from Mugabe, Putin and Syrias President Assad to Frank so far today.

FUCK ALL HAS CHANGED.

I WON'T SAY I TOLD YE SO.

2012......2016......2020. MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

US REBELS ARE POWERLESS.

Murphy set for another Cork stint
By Fintan O’Toole

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

FRANK MURPHY is set to remain in his position as Cork county board secretary until the end of 2012 due to the fact that he is playing a key role in the county’s continued efforts to redevelop their flagship stadium Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

Club delegates at a county board meeting last night were informed that the executive of the county board had approved a request from the three-man committee charged with overseeing the appointment of a new secretary, that Murphy be asked to stay on for a further 12 months.

Murphy accepted that request which was issued by the committee comprised of county board chairman Jerry O’Sullivan, vice-chairman Bob Ryan and treasurer Pearse Murphy.

Details surrounding the process to appoint Murphy’s successor were also outlined to the club delegates present last night. A review of all administrative affairs within Cork GAA is set to be undertaken next year and will commence in September 2012.

But the process to headhunt the successor to the long-serving Murphy will begin earlier in the year, most likely in the middle of the summer. The search for candidates will involve the position being advertised both locally and nationally. The new Cork county board secretary will be selected from a committee comprised of a nominee from the GAA’s Central Council, a nominee from the Munster Council and a nominee from the Cork county board.

"We are very happy that Frank has agreed to stay on," stated county board chairman Jerry O’Sullivan. "We felt it was essential that he stay on due to the proposed re-development of the Páirc Uí Chaoimh. He has been involved in that process from the start and it is quite a complicated process. He is a very experienced man and has his finger on the pulse in that regard. So given the amount of work we have still to do on that, we felt it was important to have him stay involved. There is a process laid down now to find his successor and we will work hard at that next year."

Im so fucking happy our glorious leader is going to stay and lead us to more success.Thank you Frank for the centre of excellence,the director of hurling,the pile of underage all irelands we won over the last 10 years,thank you for hounding useless gimps like Donal O'Grady out of the managers job and giving us Luigi and Dennis Walsh instead.Thank you for always picking the best people possible to manage our underage teams.Let joy and good tidings abound Mr Frank is here to stay.

Seriously will that cunt ever fuck off or will the clubs grow a pair and fuck him out.:rolleyes:

The decison to appoint that man as county secretary in the early 70's has cost us at least 20-30 all irelands over the years.No man is bigger than Cork GAA it's time that Mr Frank found that out.

From Rebel GAA.

Last night's 'surprise' announcement wasn't even on the agenda. Contrary to recent practice, the proposal wasn't conveyed back to the clubs for their consideration or opinion. When a vote was requested by a delegate it was refused by the chair, who insisted that it was an 'executive decsion'.

What price, democracry? What price, the rulebook?

They should hang their heads in utter, utter, shame.

Another quote from Rebel GAA.

Quite simply " the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil it that good men do nothing", that may seem a wee bit OTT to use the words evil but for me it sums up this scenario perfectly.

There are a very small group of people at the top table in Cork GAA effectively acting likes a ********ship that wouldnt seem out of place in Iran, North Korea or the old Eastern bloc - I have no doubt we will have the usual cries of ban him or he cant say that about Frank etc but its time to call a spade a spade.

This man and his cohorts are tr**pling all over the rules and regulations of the GAA and acting in a totally undemoncratic manner yet there is hardly a whimper from the clubs - a bunch of sheep or indeed Lemmings would be a better description, blindly marching up to the cliff before throwing themselves off cos Frank said so.

I dont care what anyone says but this latest action proves for me that Frank Murphy is no servant to Cork GAA only a servant to himself, the only person that this decision benefits is FRANK and certainly not the wider GAA in Cork. Yet again he has proved that he would rather hold on to power for dear life than see the county move forward in a united and progressive manner - what odds he tries wrangle another year out of this in 2013.

This decision is about protecting the status quo in Cork GAA as Frank and his inner circle see it, the hope being that now Frank remains in situ they can ensure a smooth election for *** Ryan and hence a further continuation of Frank's influence over the running of all GAA affairs in the county - when has Frank as secretary ever being answerable to anyone? He is telling the chairman, board officers and indeed the delegates/clubs what to do not the other way about - we pay his wages (certainly those of us who contribute to the Cork draw do), he is meant to be a servant of the clubs/cork GAA but he is nothing more than a ******** fixated on what is right for Frank Murphy and not the county/organisation that he proclaims to love.

Now is the time for the clubs to show some guts and stand up to the man, the perfect opportunity is with the election of the chair - f$ck *** Ryan out on his hole where he belongs and show Frank/rest of his cronies that Cork men and women who beleive in what is right and the principle of democracy didnt die out with McSweeney, Barry, Moylan and Collins.

Maybe I went OTT there at times but I'm absolutely seething this morning at this further abuse of democracy and fair play in an organisation/county I love.

Someone also suggested that we should concentrate on taking out the henchmen first.Shouldn't we take out the likes of Bob Ryan and Jerry The Power before we go for Frank?

I also think this post deserves a read considering that some people here think that the players are the money grabbers.

Bulls^it, do you want to list the actual acheivements of the "chief executive" of Cork GAA over the past 20 yrs, a role for which he has been well paid - I'd cut him a lot more slack if he was doing his job on a voluntary basis but he is not. There are 1000s of people over Ireland and indeed Cork doing as much if not more for the good of the GAA than Frank and unlike him they are not being paid for it.

If he was such a good GAA man then why not retire (he is of pensionable age) but remain as chair of the Pairc committee on a VOLUNTARY basis and serve the association for nothing like the rest of us do if Gerry et al felt his expereince etc was critical to the project- this is the man who was centrally to three strikes in Cork over the treatement of players who were protrayed as money grabbers etc..... do as I say not as I do hey Frank!

Lets call a spade a spade here this is simply a decision based on self perservation for both Frank and Robert Ryan with the welfare of Cork GAA a very very very distant 2nd place

And one more post from Rebel GAA.

The article seems to indicate that the construction of the stadium will be under way next year (since Frank is being given only one year extra). If that is true, then Frank is truly a genius. The last time I read anything about it, there was still another vote from the city council due (with a lot of councillors saying they would vote against it) , as well as dithering on the purchase price by the county board. And Frank can clear all that up in a year. You won't know what you're missing, guys, until he's gone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Strangeways Club Night*

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼