Flood warning issued for Cork city

Bump

Should stealing sandbags be punishable with life in prison?
No, but using sandbags purely as a means of waterproofing your premises is a bit thick. Especially when they're only one deep. All the premises on North Main Street and Western Road should have those PVC flood doors, given the frequency with which flooding occurs there.

I'm sure it'll be fine. They are just alerting people, something they failed to do when the city sank a few weeks ago. I sincerely think it's going to be a long time before we see flooding quite as severe as that again.

I'm sure it'll be fine. They are just alerting people, something they failed to do when the city sank a few weeks ago. I sincerely think it's going to be a long time before we see flooding quite as severe as that again.

Those have a ring of famous last words...

However, it's worth noting that this is a warning about tidal flooding, not flooding from the river, so the areas under threat will be diffierent from last time. Probably more at the eastern end of the city centre.

Bump

Should stealing sandbags be punishable with life in prison?

heh heh...happened a few weeks ago. Result- office nicely flooded - no work. god i hate people stealing sand bags.
On a related issue, I heard a few days ago government buildings aren't insured against floods. total damage to cork court house in the region of €1 mil. New tiles for floor to be imported again from Italy....only the best for our scumbags to walk on

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼