Fianna Fail TDs are revolting

SoundMan

against Mehole's leadership according to today's Cork Examiner.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40200417.html

Most Fianna Fáil TDs want Martin gone by 2022

Most Fianna Fáil TDs want Martin gone by 2022

Micheál Martin intends serving as Tánaiste once he vacates the Taoiseach’s office in 2022 and continuing on as leader into the next election. Picture: Julien Behal Photography



Mon, 04 Jan, 2021 - 06:30

Daniel McConnell Political Editor

There is not a “snowball’s chance in hell” of Micheál Martin leading Fianna Fáil into the next general election as a majority of his own TDs want him gone by 2022.

Mr Martin has stated in recent days that he intends serving as Tánaiste once he vacates the Taoiseach’s office in 2022 and continuing on as leader into the next election.

Despite this, a majority of his party do not see that happening, according to a canvass of more than 20 Fianna Fáil ministers, TDs, and senators conducted by the Irish Examiner.

Just two out of that group said they would be happy for Mr Martin to stay on while everyone else said they expected him to go at the time of the handover. A smaller group have said his tenure as Taoiseach is not guaranteed.

Cork North West TD Michael Moynihan has said a number of factors including poor leadership, poll ratings, and a failure to reach out to his TDs means he is in danger of being ousted before the handover to Fine Gael.

“There isn’t a way in God’s Earth he’ll be leading the party into the next election,” Mr Moynihan told the Irish Examiner.

Everyone in the street knows he’ll be very lucky if he serves out his term as Taoiseach. It is highly unlikely.

“It is a combination of everything. He has fought three general elections as leader. The one that was most successful was the one he was invisible in,” he said.

Sligo TD Marc MacSharry said everyone supports the leader of the day. But it is incumbent on them to assess their own popularity. “There is an expectation from the grassroots within the party for quite some time that there be a new leader before the next election. I think the leader needs to come from Dublin. There are 50 seats in Dublin,” he said.

Read More

Micheal Martin vows to lead Fianna Fáil into next election

Wexford Senator Malcolm Byrne said there are a lot of people in the party who would like to see Mr Martin do well but said problems do exist.

“He has long-term vision, but [some] would prefer if he engaged more beyond the small circle that surround him,” he said.

Offaly TD Barry Cowen told the Sunday Independent the Taoiseach should stand down before the election. "Nobody has a free pass. I personally — and I think a lot of the parliamentary party are of the same mind — I don't think he'll lead Fianna Fáil into the next election," he said.

MM is a visionary.
He was able to see people needed pints and a bit of craic for Christmas.

Now move this to the next government thread.

Could this not be posted in the Government thread?

Let me understand you here - you wish anything critical of FF to be posted on the NEXT Government thread (when they're looking like not being part of the next government), but another party is fair game to be criticised in separate threads. :roll:

Looks like it's not just the FF TDs that are revolting....

You're being a bit obnoxious now Soundy, too obvious. At least put it in the CA forum.

Really? Where were your calls for "Sinn Fein isn't a real political party" to be put in the CA forum.

All fun and games until someone's sensibilities get upset innit? ;-)

Let me understand you here - you wish anything critical of FF to be posted on the NEXT Government thread (when they're looking like not being part of the next government), but another party is fair game to be criticised in separate threads. :roll:

Looks like it's not just the FF TDs that are revolting....

For some strange reason, you seem to be spamming the board with Threads that could be incorporated into ones that are already well-established.

Whatever Soundy, you're a bit of a parody at this stage. If I wanted to read any political propaganda I'd go to another site or section.

Just because I don't want Sf or ff or fg or greens etc rammed down my mouth you think automatically that I'm a shill you weirdo.

Maybe proc is evolving into a political sounding piece with this obvious spam.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Niamh Bury

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼