Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

A book as explicit as that shouldn't be in the young adult section if by young adult you mean 12 to 14 year olds and slightly older.

If by young adults you mean 17-21 year olds that's a different matter.

Im sure all the young adults aged 18-21 will be relived they have your permission to make decisions on what they want to read.

I know we've had our differences of late Hank but I'm 100% behind you on this, keep fighting the good fight on behalf of the silent majority of Irish people who are too afraid of being labelled homophobic to call this out publicly. 👏

PbP straight in two footed calling people concerned about this homophobic.

The left in this country have become a complete joke.

I note the author themself has said the book is intended for 13+ . The best thing the library could do here is to move it from the young adult section.

You don't want teens to be able to access information about sex. Fine. You can put your kids in chastity belts until marriage for all I care. You don't get to make that decision for everyone else though.

Total nonsense.

This isnt a suitable book for 12 year olds. You've said as much yourself.

PbP straight in two footed calling people concerned about this homophobic.

The left in this country have become a complete joke.

I note the author themself has said the book is intended for 13+ . The best thing the library could do here is to move it from the young adult section.
That's encouraging children to engage in anal sex, oral sex and prostrate poking, all acts which are very much in the realm of adulthood.

It's bizarre how any parent could deem this material suitable for 12 to 14 year olds.

Last edited:
That's encouraging children to engage in anal sex, oral sex and prostrate poking, all acts which are very much in the realm of adulthood.

It's bizarre how any parent could deem this material suitable for 12 to 14 year olds.

We're through the looking glass here where the perfectly reasonable position of not deeming this book age appropriate is somehow intolerant.

I think most people would find this material being freely available to children as young as 12 abhorrent.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼