European and Local elections thread.

I think they all give their discretionary ward fund to local causes that are close to their heart and are relatively high profile in the community - be it to upkeep of the local community centre, meals-on-wheels, hiring a skip for area tidy up, local library etc etc.

No harm to Ted Tynan, or anyone else that's using their ward fund for community projects, but I don't think even Terry Shannon would try hang on to his ward fund for better holidays or have his missus get a new dress.
Well they can’t do that but what I mean is some are not so generous to certain groups is all. One Cllr in the North East Ward has never given any amount of the ward fund to our GAA club. Ted Tynan and Oliver Moran give the maximum contribution every year, not just when there’s an election coming up.

Well they can’t do that but what I mean is some are not so generous to certain groups is all. One Cllr in the North East Ward has never given any amount of the ward fund to our GAA club. Ted Tynan and Oliver Moran give the maximum contribution every year, not just when there’s an election coming up.

Absolutely. Some give to the local GAA because that's closer to their heart than say the local soccer team, or meals-on-wheels, or whatever. You're obviously delighted that TT and OM give the max contribution to Mayfield(?) GAA each year and good on them. But it's not to say that the other concillors of whatever party don't similarly donate to good causes that might be closer to someone else's heart. That's football.

I dont remember him running previously, I know he was Chairman of young FG

I hadn't remembered it either until a FF guy here at work said he'd run when he was recently graduated from college and got a miserable number of votes at the time.

Upwardly mobile guy joins young FG shocka!

Absolutely. Some give to the local GAA because that's closer to their heart than say the local soccer team, or meals-on-wheels, or whatever. You're obviously delighted that TT and OM give the max contribution to Mayfield(?) GAA each year and good on them. But it's not to say that the other concillors of whatever party don't similarly donate to good causes that might be closer to someone else's heart. That's football.
Dillons.

UCC Student of the Year as well. That's fairly impressive.
There was no such award back in the 80s.

He wasn't top of his class (there was 30 odd 1Hs in his class and he was one of them).

He is however a very capable and personable character, whose success in business would make him a very effective politician.

His background is the same as Tommy G (Council estate in Knocka), and they would have been in the same year in the Mon ( Johnny was in the AG but that was decided on the entrance exam )

He certainly never had a chip on his shoulder about being from the northside (unlike Mr Gould who claims that UCC by its location discriminates against Northsiders )

Which one would serve your area better?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼