European and Local elections thread.

Amen. Doubt JOB would like to see TG run for it. It would be a very long shot even if he did but you'd never know.

Not sure about that - SF took 20% of vote in 2016 with Mick B also taking 16% for left leaning candidates. SF picked up most of transfers when Mick B was eliminated in 2011.

TG is seen as popular, hard working candidate (probably more so than current SF TD) and would be there or thereabouts when the final votes are being counted.

Many may not be aware that you do not have to be an Irish Citizen to vote in Local elections.
With 20% of the population being foreign born, many illegal. a minority can take over your local council with low turn-outs from Irish born natives, and with a couple of hundred votes..
A failed Malawi asylum seeker is standing in Dublin for the Council backed by the Social Democrats.
Get out and vote, or lose your country on the 24th May.
https://www.politicalirish.com/thre...ndidate-running-for-election-in-dublin.28916/

Many may not be aware that you do not have to be an Irish Citizen to vote in Local elections.
With 20% of the population being foreign born, many illegal. a minority can take over your local council with low turn-outs from Irish born natives, and with a couple of hundred votes..
A failed Malawi asylum seeker is standing in Dublin for the Council backed by the Social Democrats.
Get out and vote, or lose your country on the 24th May

Thanks, you’ve inspired me to vote for the most pro EU candidate. 👍

Not sure about that - SF took 20% of vote in 2016 with Mick B also taking 16% for left leaning candidates. SF picked up most of transfers when Mick B was eliminated in 2011.

TG is seen as popular, hard working candidate (probably more so than current SF TD) and would be there or thereabouts when the final votes are being counted.

Didnt tommy run last time out and was well off the pace? or was it bad vote management?

The issue with FF in CNC is that BK was always a rural candidate and he had had huge section of constituency to him self with no real rural candidate when John Gilroy decided not to run the last time. FF could be looking Sheehan or Fitzgerald but they are both city candidates. Then you have KL in the mix as well. I think SF may run Thomas Gould because I heard rumblings that Jontin isn't going to run in the next GE (although probably just rumours). FG have both OLeary and Burke on the next GE ticket so they may run both for one to push the other over the line.

There have been such rumours about JOB for a while. TG would, imho, be a better candidate with a better community based profile. Think he might still be Chairman of St Vincents Hurling and Football Club as well. Decent bloke.

Yes BK was rural but there's no obvious "name". I'd say big micky is furious BK didn't take a running mate last time out. Though my distant cuz Dr Sheehan seems to be their forerunner.

Get out and vote, or lose your country on the 24th May.
https://www.politicalirish.com/thre...ndidate-running-for-election-in-dublin.28916/

A couple of hundred votes MIGHT have got you in previously but candidates running now in the much enlargened LEAs are talking about needing 1200+ votes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cast
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼