English Football Championship Thread

Before my time, but I was always fond of Highfield Road cos Forest clinched the title there.

I do remember playing Coventry a lot in late 80s/early 90s, mainly in the League Cup. Steve Ogrizovic, Brian Kilcline, a young and nippy Kevin Gallacher.....

We were 4-0 down to them in one tie and got back to 4-4 but lost 5-4. Cloughie quipped he was fearing for his job. :)

Beale was hated at Sunderland the moment he walked in the door. He was always on a hiding to nothing. A fairly dislikeable guy that was never going to do well at a club like Sunderland.

Two good away wins for Ipswich in the last week. We've a good squad now that can handles injuries/suspensions.

A great win Friday night for Southampton away to a really good WBA side. Leeds look very very good lately. Far better side than Southampton.

All to play for and the blues are hanging in there.

Big game tonight.

Leeds v Leicester.

A Leicester win or a draw would suit the Ipswich best.

Southampton at home to Millwall tomorrow. Millwall have been been very poor this season and sacked their manager this week. Ex-player and manager is back in charge tomorrow and hopefully a new manager bounce might get them something from the game.

Ipswich at home to Birmingham City tomorrow. Another tough one but hopefully we can get the 3 points.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Today @ 10am

More events ▼