English Football Championship Thread

boro will be there or thereabouts alright. He has a decent sized hardworking squad assembled and signing a guy like woodgate is a huge boost to the squad. His experience and quality will be vital. lack of goals looks like the main stumbling block again this season, emnes will grab a few but mogga needs to pick up another scorer or it'll be another close but no cigar I reckon! Matt bates and Robson will be missed..

Bolton
Wolves
Leeds
Brum
Blackburn
Boro

Bolton have been poor pre-season if that means anything

As have Blackburn...

As a fan, I reckon Blackburn could well struggle this season - there's something seriously wrong behind the scenes, the fans are completely disillusioned, this 'global advisor' has added to the weight of the already heavy 'laughing stock' factor, and I'm pretty sure not all players are "behind the manager".

I think a few of the signings have been decent, but I'm personally not expecting much from Nuno Gomes (hoping to be proved wrong). I think Murphy should do well and carries a massive amount of responsibility for me to carry this team - hopefully Etuhu can form a solid partnership alongside.

boro have just signed mceachran on loan from chelsea. only seen flashes of him with chelsea and he looks like a decent player and will get plenty of gametime but its a goalscorer the team badly needs

Decent opening draw at home to Blackburn for Ipswich.

The club have made an offer for Maurice Edu of Rangers and it would be a very good signing if it happened.

Next up is a real test away to Watford tomorrow night.

Huddersfield 1-1 Forest

The season is only 3 days old and I'm already sick. :rolleyes:

Conceding a 90th minute penalty. Dan Harding you stupid cunt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:15pm

More events ▼