e-cigarettes

Correction it was a guy.

"About 6 weeks ago I started "vapping" smoking an e cigarette that uses fluid with pure nicotine in it, yesterday evening my dogs, one a 14 week old puppy were playing in the dining room then all went quiet, either means sleep or up to no good, I went to see what was happening and to my horror, pup had somehow got hold of a bottle of e liquid and had managed to pierce the bottle, the resulting smear of nicotine on her tooth claimed her life this morning after being at the vets all night, the e fluid is lethal be warned, there appears to be no cure, and the lids are not child proof lids, please please share this as nicotine is a lethal poison and people should be warned"

Which bit?

Both parts! Like most people mistakenly think that nicotine is cancerous, I think the e-cig is a cheap, brilliant & a great alternative to smoking. The second point is why leave the liquid unsupervised, its irresponsible. Nearly all reputable shops warn of its toxicity.

Correction it was a guy.

"About 6 weeks ago I started "vapping" smoking an e cigarette that uses fluid with pure nicotine in it, yesterday evening my dogs, one a 14 week old puppy were playing in the dining room then all went quiet, either means sleep or up to no good, I went to see what was happening and to my horror, pup had somehow got hold of a bottle of e liquid and had managed to pierce the bottle, the resulting smear of nicotine on her tooth claimed her life this morning after being at the vets all night, the e fluid is lethal be warned, there appears to be no cure, and the lids are not child proof lids, please please share this as nicotine is a lethal poison and people should be warned"

You cant buy pure nicotine, and its very unlikely that a smear would actually kill. I don't really know of its effects on animals but a human would have to take 1000's of mgs of nicotine before they would feel even sick

You cant buy pure nicotine, and its very unlikely that a smear would actually kill. I don't really know of its effects on animals but a human would have to take 1000's of mgs of nicotine before they would feel even sick

"Pure nicotine" was what made me think it was an ould doll's blog, anyhow here's the effects on animals ie dogs.

Dogs especially puppies will try and taste everything there are some things that will kill a dog if they ingest it. Here are some common everyday items that will make your dog sick, or worse kill them.
Tobacco:

We all know that tobacco is dangerous to humans, but it can be fatal to dogs if they ingest tobacco. Even one cigarette if eaten by a small dog can kill the dog. This doesn't have to just be cigarettes or cigars, anything with nicotine in can be fatal. Stop smoking patches, chewing tobacco, and even cigarette butts will contain nicotine. Most dogs will throw up after eating nicotine. Nicotine can stay in the animal for up to 12 hours or more. There are some signs that your dog will exhibit if they are having reactions to nicotine, and are poisoned by nicotine, tremors, excitement, vomiting, and diarrhea. You should call your vet and ask them advice on how to treat the animal or take the animal to the nearest vet if you suspect they ate tobacco.

Taken from http://voices.yahoo.com/5-common-things-fatal-dog-914653.html

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Hollie McNish

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼