DVD Burner Woes - any recommendations?

I bought a NEC DVD±RW burner, ND-3550A, 16x, Dual, Black OEM just over a year ago and it has been developing a habit of seeing some DVD's and not seeing others - the maddening "No Disk in Drive D" alert box. It tends to prefer DVD's in better condition but sometimes it will not see a brand new disk.

From my experience with my previous DVD drive this will probably get worse. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it simple fatigue.

If the best thing is to get another drive can anyone recommend a good, durable, reasonably mainstream CD-RW, DVD±RW burner?

I have seen a few at Komplett.ie though I am wary of getting another NEC - any suggestions? Any other Irish sites like this?

TIA

Sometimes the problem is with the media you are using. I found that i ended up using alot of my cheap blank dvds as my dvd burner woudlnt recognise them or fail have way through burning.

I agree, change the brand of disks your using first, this used to happen to me all the time on my old drive. but drives are so cheap on komplett i bought another one just for the hell of it, got the cheapest one available about a year ago and its still going strong

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Onóir
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼