Derry or Londonderry

tumblr_ns0nb52opo1sx92edo1_400.gif

Poor ol' Sound_Y. Don't you ever tire of being pwned. Looks as though SF/IRA disagree with you....

Investment west of the Bann must be supported

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/32655

Sinn Féin West Tyrone MP MLA Pat Doherty has welcomed the announcement by DETI Minister Arlene Foster that £177.000 funding, from the £1.9 million Broadband Fund, is being allocated to two companies Net1/Simpliphone and North West Electronics to provide high quality, affordable wireless broadband access to certain rural areas west of the Bann where line broadband provision is still inaccessible.

http://www.westtyronesinnfein.com/news/13814

A5 VITAL FOR INVESTMENT WEST OF THE BANN MCALEER

http://www.derrydaily.net/2016/11/16/a5-vital-for-investment-west-of-the-bann-mcaleer/

Yes Duffer, west of the bann does exist. It's a place where unionists like you look down on the majority. It's been relatively deprived of infrastructure.

"West of the Bann"/"Outside the Pale"/or perhaps in Cork parlance "Northside":)
SF don't speak disparagingly of West of the Bann or its people the way you did.

Clearly too subtle for you and TG to grasp. :roll:

Honest to gawd, at times you give people credit for some little bit of knowledge of the north given how often the post in one thread or another on the topic but they show they don't even have that :roll:

What a load of tripe, you implied Duffs' unionist traits by using the term "West of the Bann" a term which is also used by SF as shown in his links.
Just take the pwn and move on.

"West of the Bann" - god luv ya Duffs you just can't help yourself revealing your unionist traits

To get back to the original question. I think people down here refer to it as Derry. If some people want to call it Londonderry; it wouldn't bother me.

However I'd call the famous tune "the Londonderry Air" as I think that's the usual version.

What a load of tripe, you implied Duffs' unionist traits by using the term "West of the Bann" a term which is also used by SF as shown in his links.
Just take the pwn and move on.

As well you know I was responding to duffs:
"They've now withdrawn their banning of the tricolour after Dissident Republican councillor Gary Donnelly secretly pointed out the error of their ways.
So nothing has changed west of the Bann."

Even a dullard like you can see that duffs was using the term in a pejorative way. Still why change your narrative eh? :roll:

Just watched university challenge on bbc. Ulster university were competing. They correctly answered a 5point bonus question with the answer 'Derry'. It was simply a question on geographical locations of cities in northern ireland, nothing more. Interesting the correct answer wasnt londonderry. This from the BBC (and a show which demands the exact answer) and an ulster educational institution.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking

Cornmarket Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼