Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

Caught 5 minutes of that.

RTE have some extremely morbid fascination with death.
It's a sad case but who in their right mind wants to watch that?

Miriam is as big a ghoul as Tubs.

The expert on Prime Time was asked that question and he didn't really answer it.

She must be in a psychological hell now that she has a full understanding of what she did.

This.

If you recover from insanity, wouldn’t the thought of what you’d done drive you insane again?

Jesus, we’ve all felt the guilt of hurting a loved one in some way, but nothing comparable to this. Unimaginable.

Caught 5 minutes of that.

RTE have some extremely morbid fascination with death.
It's a sad case but who in their right mind wants to watch that?

Miriam is as big a ghoul as Tubs.

In fairness PT is about current affairs and news stories. The right place for something like this to be discussed imo.

This.

If you recover from insanity, wouldn’t the thought of what you’d done drive you insane again?

Jesus, we’ve all felt the guilt of hurting a loved one in some way, but nothing comparable to this. Unimaginable.

Yeah, by that definition she can never make a recovery.

I didn't watch the interview but saw the guy they had on afterwards.

What makes her case unusual is that she survived her suicide attempt but there is one other case where a father who killed his sons also did.

The expert on Prime Time was asked that question and he didn't really answer it.

She must be in a psychological hell now that she has a full understanding of what she did.

Basically, there is no tariff because she hasn't been convicted so she will be held until it is deemed appropriate to release her.

Traditionally people just languished in CMH to be honest. I had a client who had been there for the bones of 40 years. He was eventually moved to a psychiatric facility nearer his family but I doubt he will ever be released.

In the mid 2000s there was new legislation introduced which meant that someone can't be held indefinitely in CMH, so there have to be periodic reviews of their detention, but generally the progress in them is really really slow, when you compare them to something like a parole board in a prison system.

I’m not going to watch any programmes covering this, and I’m not sure I’ll read anything beyond the court reports TBH, it’s too sad and there’s nothing to be gained.

The idea that this lady could have suffered an episode that would allow her kill all of her children, and then recover to understand what she has done is beyond horrific

I’m not going to watch any programmes covering this, and I’m not sure I’ll read anything beyond the court reports TBH, it’s too sad and there’s nothing to be gained.

The idea that this lady could have suffered an episode that would allow her kill all of her children, and then recover to understand what she has done is beyond horrific

x2

Picking through the bones of peoples destroyed lives.

Morbid beyond belief.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Fred's Battle of the Bands Heat 5

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼