Cyclists

I never said you did, I just pointed it out as this is the second video in a row that you have singled him out for his awareness (the first video he had done nothing wrong and the second I would argue that is position is left of the centre of the lane) where clearly the drivers and their own anger issues are at fault. No matter how wrong a cyclist is on the road, there is zero justification for a motorist to attempt to run him off the the road(the first video) or a punishment pass (in the second video today). Do you think that if he was closer to the kerb, the motorist wouldn't have passed him in the same fashion? He would have passed him exactly the same because he was pissed after what happened at the lights.

I see Earl thinks himself an expert on mindreading and behavioural attitudes now as well :ROFLMAO:

He's at it again lads. Videoing people stopped in traffic on their phones.

Jeebus - the very first incident he was looking at the behaviour of drivers in traffic in a different lane separated from his by a raised kerb - so not paying full attentio to what was happening in his own lane, he then mounts the kerb in between traffic to do a U-turn and then cycles in between traffic where there's minimal space between him and oncomng traffic. To get abreast of the car he was trying to take the video part of his bicycle would actually have been across the line and on the side of oncoming traffic. And it just underlines the carry on of some cyclists who very happily break the ROTR to highlight others breaking the ROTR. One wonders did they not get enough attention from their parents as children or what would have them so desirous of attention?

Jeebus - the very first incident he was looking at the behaviour of drivers in traffic in a different lane separated from his by a raised kerb - so not paying full attentio to what was happening in his own lane, he then mounts the kerb in between traffic to do a U-turn and then cycles in between traffic where there's minimal space between him and oncomng traffic. To get abreast of the car he was trying to take the video part of his bicycle would actually have been across the line and on the side of oncoming traffic. And it just underlines the carry on of some cyclists who very happily break the ROTR to highlight others breaking the ROTR. One wonders did they not get enough attention from their parents as children or what would have them so desirous of attention?
Those crazy limeys. There’s no way that would happen here. Totally illegal.
They seem to have a cultural imperative to interfere in other peoples business.
So glad we broke away from that Godforsaken island.

1st video. He is in a cycle lane, so do you think a cyclist must stop or slow down every time a vehicle pulls along side them in a different lane? The blind spot argument is irrelevant as what business has the van driver cutting him off in a cycle lane? He just passed him so he knew where he was.

2nd video. The driver should have given him clearance, it's the law. You think if he was closer to the kerb the driver would have given him the required space?

Nah, your take on the rules of the road is all off.

There are clear guidelines for cyclists and he just ignores almost all of them

•'Before changing position on the road, you should ‘look, signal in good
time
and look again’ to ensure that it is safe to proceed'.

Always look behind and give the proper
signal before moving off

Beware of blind spots – all vehicles have blind zones and a driver may not
be able to see you!

To say this guy obeys the rules of the road is simply wrong.

Ive yet to see his camera move to indicate he is checking traffic before moving off.

He is oblivious to vehicles blind spots. The speeds and weaving in traffic he does behind, alongside and between large vehicles like vans, buses and trucks is lethal .

The fixes notics for a cyclist driving a pedal cycle without reasonable consideration is €40.

Most of his videos are well worth one or two of these.

As for the public order side of his regularly slamming vehicles, and using abusive and or language

'It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place
found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence'.

In several of his his videos he wilfully obstructs moving traffic to abuse the driver he deems guilty of wronging him

'It is an offence to deliberately prevent or interrupt a person or vehicle from passing freely in a public place, unless you have the legal authority or a reasonable excuse to do this'. The penalty for this is a €400 fine.

I would love to have the prick report me. Any barrister worth their salt would make shit of him in court.

He is a menace on our roads.

Nah, your take on the rules of the road is all off.

There are clear guidelines for cyclists and he just ignores almost all of them

•'Before changing position on the road, you should ‘look, signal in good
time
and look again’ to ensure that it is safe to proceed'.

Always look behind and give the proper
signal before moving off

Beware of blind spots – all vehicles have blind zones and a driver may not
be able to see you!

To say this guy obeys the rules of the road is simply wrong.

Ive yet to see his camera move to indicate he is checking traffic before moving off.

He is oblivious to vehicles blind spots. The speeds and weaving in traffic he does behind, alongside and between large vehicles like vans, buses and trucks is lethal .

The fixes notics for a cyclist driving a pedal cycle without reasonable consideration is €40.

Most of his videos are well worth one or two of these.

As for the public order side of his regularly slamming vehicles, and using abusive and or language

'It is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a public place
found guilty of this offence you can be liable to class D fine and to a prison sentence'.

In several of his his videos he wilfully obstructs moving traffic to abuse the driver he deems guilty of wronging him

'It is an offence to deliberately prevent or interrupt a person or vehicle from passing freely in a public place, unless you have the legal authority or a reasonable excuse to do this'. The penalty for this is a €400 fine.

I would love to have the prick report me. Any barrister worth their salt would make shit of him in court.

He is a menace on our roads.
I posted about video 1 and 2, which are the last two posted here, I never mentioned any of the rest of his videos..

On you go sunshine, name the 4 -5 people on here who don't care at all about the actual people who are dying or about people driving cars badly.
You, Meridian, Hank Scorpio, FermoyLad, just to name a few.

You give up so much energy on issues that pale into insignificance when people are dying on roads due to motorists speeding and carelessness. Your faux outrage over 'dangerous' cyclists is as see-through as a new PVC window.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Paul Dunlea Quintet
The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Cornmarket St.

26th Oct 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼