Cyclists

I'd come in more like a clothes-line I think - especially if he tries his antics on a footpath where I'm walking :)

I was driving west on Opera House Quay this morning and an approaching car was flashing his lights. It was then I noticed a cyclist cycling west in one of the two east bound lanes. There are two east bound and two west bound lanes and the dope (looked like an woman wearing a pink rucksack) decided they should avoid both of the westbound lanes and inconvenience traffic heading east. Traffic had to change lanes to avoid her.

As she cycled on, one of two cyclists coming east had to change lanes to avoid her too, but then went back into the inner lane to carry on chatting to his fellow cyclist who was cycling on the footpath :roll: Two relatively quiet lanes but one of them was cycling on the footpath (I know honky has never seen that but it really does happen). I suppose in fairness to the two cyclists, who I'd say were late teens/early twenties they each astoundingly had a bell on their bicycle. Honky would not have approved :)

and as I was stopped at a particular junction this morning that is brutal for it, 5 cars drive through after the light had gone red, and thats not counting a single car through the amber light. 2 lanes.. 3 cars in one, 2 in the other FFS

but my little anecdote and yours don't matter much, and more importantly no one was injured

now, are you going to spend another day avoiding telling me whether Stephen Roche and Sean Kelly are breaking the law in the those photos I uploaded for you?

I'd come in more like a clothes-line I think - especially if he tries his antics on a footpath where I'm walking :)

I was driving west on Opera House Quay this morning and an approaching car was flashing his lights. It was then I noticed a cyclist cycling west in one of the two east bound lanes. There are two east bound and two west bound lanes and the dope (looked like an woman wearing a pink rucksack) decided they should avoid both of the westbound lanes and inconvenience traffic heading east. Traffic had to change lanes to avoid her.

As she cycled on, one of two cyclists coming east had to change lanes to avoid her too, but then went back into the inner lane to carry on chatting to his fellow cyclist who was cycling on the footpath :roll: Two relatively quiet lanes but one of them was cycling on the footpath (I know honky has never seen that but it really does happen). I suppose in fairness to the two cyclists, who I'd say were late teens/early twenties they each astoundingly had a bell on their bicycle. Honky would not have approved :)

He was probably just letting the car in front know he was there.

Dont argue with cyclists they are always right even when there wrong.

you've got huge faith in motorists BluesY.. why so? My experience of motorists would be pretty poor, I see shocking driving every day of the week but no one mentions it because it is what it is. Motorists have an irrational hatred of cyclists IMO

I was driving to Kerry on Friday night down the motorway and a fella in a van decided that a car in front didn't move out of the overtaking lane fast enough for him even though they were overtaking themselves. He waited until they did while driving about a foot behind, then overtook them, swerved into the left hand lane and hit the brakes in front of the car. The driver of the car hit the brakes and then moved right to avoid, and the van driver weaved in and out of the lanes blocking him for about a kilometre to teach him a lesson or whatever was going on in his head

This is on a motorway with families, parents returning to children at home etc etc

Lesson: we are surrounded by gobshites, they dont all only cycle bikes, drive cars etc, they are everywhere unfortunately.

and as I was stopped at a particular junction this morning that is brutal for it, 5 cars drive through after the light had gone red, and thats not counting a single car through the amber light. 2 lanes.. 3 cars in one, 2 in the other FFS

but my little anecdote and yours don't matter much, and more importantly no one was injured

now, are you going to spend another day avoiding telling me whether Stephen Roche and Sean Kelly are breaking the law in the those photos I uploaded for you?

You sent on a still so I've no idea if they were taking part in an event where they had a derrogation. Do you think they were breaking the law Honky?

You sent on a still so I've no idea if they were taking part in an event where they had a derrogation. Do you think they were breaking the law Honky?

I told you already, both shots are from charity cycles

stop squirming and hit us up with your assessment. Stephen could be sweating this one worse than when the IPO lads were on his case

you've got huge faith in motorists BluesY.. why so? My experience of motorists would be pretty poor, I see shocking driving every day of the week but no one mentions it because it is what it is. Motorists have an irrational hatred of cyclists IMO

I was driving to Kerry on Friday night down the motorway and a fella in a van decided that a car in front didn't move out of the overtaking lane fast enough for him even though they were overtaking themselves. He waited until they did while driving about a foot behind, then overtook them, swerved into the left hand lane and hit the brakes in front of the car. The driver of the car hit the brakes and then moved right to avoid, and the van driver weaved in and out of the lanes blocking him for about a kilometre to teach him a lesson or whatever was going on in his head

This is on a motorway with families, parents returning to children at home etc etc

Lesson: we are surrounded by gobshites, they dont all only cycle bikes, drive cars etc, they are everywhere unfortunately.

you've got huge faith in Cyclists Honky.. why so? My experience of cyclists would be pretty poor, I see shocking cycling every day of the week but no one mentions it because it is what it is. Cyclists have an irrational hatred of motorists IMO.

Did you report the van driver that was driving so dangerously btw?

I told you already, both shots are from charity cycles

stop squirming and hit us up with your assessment. Stephen could be sweating this one worse than when the IPO lads were on his case

If they're from charity cycles didn't someone already post that such events have a derrogation?

Do you still refuse point blank to ever use a bell on your bicycle Honky?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼