Cyclists

Have wondered that myself actually. If it's a contraflow bike lane there are usually arrows showing the direction you're supposed to go but most of the are usually wide enough for two bikes to pass.

Question. If a road is one way and this road has a cycle lane does in also apply that the cycle lane is one way or can it be 2 way.?

Think the contra-flow is one way and the cyclist should join the rest of the traffic if he wants to cycle in the other direction - or in cyclists mind, mount the footpath or do whatever they please

Was driving north down White Street less than an hour ago and coming towards the quay I was luckily going slowly in preparation to yield at the junction, when some utter f*cktard in a red hoodie, I'd guess in his mid-20s, on a bike came off the footpath on my left, just where the old Exchange Bar used to be, he flew across inches in front of my bonnet and up onto the footpath on my left and cycled away down the footpath going south. Matter of time before he wins a Darwin Award cycling like that. And the f**ker didn't seem to miss a heartbeat doing it either.

Probably went without saying that he didn't have a light on the bike either :roll:

Last edited:
Was driving north down White Street less than an hour ago and coming towards the quay I was luckily going slowly in preparation to yield at the junction, when some utter f*cktard in a red hoodie, I'd guess in his mid-20s, on a bike came off the footpath on my left, just where the old Exchange Bar used to be, he flew across inches in front of my bonnet and up onto the footpath on my left and cycled away down the footpath going south. Matter of time before he wins a Darwin Award cycling like that. And the f**ker didn't seem to miss a heartbeat doing it either.

Probably went without saying that he didn't have a light on the bike either :roll:

Ah look there are stupid cyclists, motorists, tractor drivers, bus drivers and pedestrians everywhere.

Ah look there are stupid cyclists, motorists, tractor drivers, bus drivers and pedestrians everywhere.

Stupid is one thing, being reckless with yer own life and limb and other peoples' property is something else.

The guy was an absolute fruitcake. Even a couple of pedestrians stopped and stared in wonder at his miraculous escape and complete lack of care. It was utterly bonkers and as though he thought he was in the Olympics BMX or something.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼