Cyclists

Have another look at the footage and it's very obvious that he was cycling rather than walking and pushing the bike.
I've looked at it and you still can't be sure if he's cycling or walking. He was just knocked off his bike. I know I'd be slow to get back up on it if I was knocked down. Either way, even if he did cycle on the path, I don't think he's the worst person in this video.

Correctly stopped at the red lights? The taxi driver is a psycho and you're finding more fault with the cyclist than the driver. Come off the stage SadMan.

Oh dear - interpreting the written word is clearly not your forte.
I wrote "Taxi driver shouldn't have done that and should of course be prosecuted" and at no stage did I write similar about the cyclist. I even wrote that afaik the taxi driver shouldn't have been in the bus lane because he was not ferrying a passenger at that time.

Yet you somehow construe that to my "finding more fault with the cyclist than the driver" :shock:

And then you display an utter lack of self-awareness with your "Come off the stage SadMan" :lol:

I'd suggest you seek help for your affliction but it'll only pass over your head anyway :)

I've looked at it and you still can't be sure if he's cycling or walking. He was just knocked off his bike. I know I'd be slow to get back up on it if I was knocked down. Either way, even if he did cycle on the path, I don't think he's the worst person in this video.

Pay particular attention to the clip from 1:45 on - notice the smoothness of travel, the narrowness of the path with the hoarding, and the lack of either of the cyclists hands visible in the clip. You're deluding yourself if you think he walked rather than cycled.

Oh dear - interpreting the written word is clearly not your forte.
I wrote "Taxi driver shouldn't have done that and should of course be prosecuted" and at no stage did I write similar about the cyclist. I even wrote that afaik the taxi driver shouldn't have been in the bus lane because he was not ferrying a passenger at that time.

Yet you somehow construe that to my "finding more fault with the cyclist than the driver" :shock:

And then you display an utter lack of self-awareness with your "Come off the stage SadMan" :lol:

I'd suggest you seek help for your affliction but it'll only pass over your head anyway :)

The fella was knocked off his bike and you find fault with him cycling on the path and use of foul language. Give him a break. Nobody thinks straight in situations like that.

He shouldn't have been knocked off his bike
The taxi driver is a tw@t who should and probably will be prosecuted
The cyclist would receive a lot more sympathy if he wasn't so abusive, and stuck to the rules of the road. Courtesy on the road and awareness of other drivers and their needs helps a lot too, but that taxi driver is still a C**T!

Pay particular attention to the clip from 1:45 on - notice the smoothness of travel, the narrowness of the path with the hoarding, and the lack of either of the cyclists hands visible in the clip. You're deluding yourself if you think he walked rather than cycled.

We don't know if he's using drop Bars or flat handlebars, both would give different hand positions which possibly may not be in view of the camera. I've got drops on mine and I know when I walk with it, I hold the stem which not be in view of the camera. Well just have to agree to disagree on this one.

We don't know if he's using drop Bars or flat handlebars, both would give different hand positions which possibly may not be in view of the camera. I've got drops on mine and I know when I walk with it, I hold the stem which not be in view of the camera. Well just have to agree to disagree on this one.

The phone on the handlebars is in the same position in the whole video so his head/camera is in the same position. Now if as you say he was walking along side the bike the phone naturally would be in a different position.

The phone on the handlebars is in the same position in the whole video so his head/camera is in the same position. Now if as you say he was walking along side the bike the phone naturally would be in a different position.
I'm still not sure if he was walking/cycling. Anyways, even if he did cycle on the path, what about it? The taxi driver attempted to do some serious damage to him. I think all us in the same situation would try and catch the driver as quickly as possible to get as much information necessary to get the pyscho of the road.

He shouldn't have been knocked off his bike
The taxi driver is a tw@t who should and probably will be prosecuted
The cyclist would receive a lot more sympathy if he wasn't so abusive, and stuck to the rules of the road. Courtesy on the road and awareness of other drivers and their needs helps a lot too, but that taxi driver is still a C**T!
I've no doubt that cyclist would receive more sympathy if he wasn't so abusive. But the taxi driver did try to issue some serious damage. You'd hardly expect the cyclist to be civil.
Hopefully the driver learns his lesson.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼