Cyclists

There are certain competitive cyclists out there who have publicly admitted to using Strava type apps on their regular cycling trips.

Think of it this way: if you're using a satnav in your car which tracks your speed against other drivers and ranks you in terms of who is fastest over a particular route than obviously, your competitive nature will make you quite stressed, and possibly even irate at those who you feel have hindered your progress in some way.

Users of apps like this are like the "boy racers" of the cycling community. The prerogative changes from arriving safely, to arriving in the shortest possible time. This leads to claims that "speed limits don't apply to me, they're only for other people," and an extremely narrow interpretation of road traffic legislation.

When the road becomes a racetrack, all other road users become competitors.

There are certain competitive cyclists out there who have publicly admitted to using Strava type apps on their regular cycling trips.

Think of it this way: if you're using a satnav in your car which tracks your speed against other drivers and ranks you in terms of who is fastest over a particular route than obviously, your competitive nature will make you quite stressed, and possibly even irate at those who you feel have hindered your progress in some way.
😂😂peak delusional

What do you think calling him out on here is going to achieve?

I agree he is a danger to himself and other motorists and I also agree that his behaviour is unacceptable but if you feel so strongly that he could pose a potential risk to you or your loved ones then you make a formal complaint to the Gardai.

Arguing with him on the PROC is literally going to achieve nothing except give him the attention he so desperately craves.
I'd obviously never engage with the slapless bullying prick. As for what he does for a living, that's his own business. However, because of his narcissistic tendencies and attention seeking content generation, he is the exact same as a boy racer.

And just as we don't judge all motorists on the actions of some Nissan Skyline driving moron, so we shouldn't judge all cyclists based on the actions of some speed obsessed cycling freak. Or as the lawyer in the court case which was dismissed put it, "a vigilante on a bicycle." I particularly enjoyed how he thanked the witness for his "dissertation."

So it's best to call out his moronic rantings and highlight him for what he is: a bullying misogynistic narcissistic content generating moron.

Ah you were listening to the radio this morning too?

Those stats are for this year only and cover the entire county.
Sherkin Island is much wetter than Cork City for example.

Cork LTA 976mm per year
Dublin LTA 757.9 mm per year

So about an extra 220mm per year.
In other words, Cork is fine to cycle in for most of the year.
"Dublin and Carlow are the two driest counties in Ireland. Cork is the second (behind kirry) wettest" would have been a clue to most people that I was referring to the county of Cork - not to you though :rolleyes:

Another one of your Walter Mitty-type yarns.
No one gives shite.

I get about the city just as much as you and I don't see the near-daily near-death experiences that you seem to have with cyclists..
In other words, you are lying as you don't have much else going on with your life and want to give out about something.
Some years ago it was women, now it's cyclists.

I didn't have a near-death experience with that gormless cyclist, a female driver driving east on Lower Oliver Plunkett street did. Her view of Clontarf Street was equally obscured by the green builders hoarding and she was progressing through the junction some seconds after her lights would've gone green, only to very narrowly avoid hitting a tw@t on a bike who'd very dangerously broken the lights which were red well before he even reached the junction.

You can witter on about nobody giving a sh*te while at the same time trying to deny it happened all you like. Doesn't bother me one scintilla whether you believe me or not because I saw it happen. And the fact that you've previous for claiming not to believe things that others here know actually happened puts your opinion on the veracity of events at a very low mark. :cool:

*ank slid into my DMs a few months ago and asked me for my phone number to prove he wasn’t who I said he was.

Completely normal behaviour.

LOL.

Arent you the person attributing me to another person? Even though I can prove to you that I am not?
Do you like living in some fantasy world? Your mental health will thank you for it when you come back to reality mate.

"Dublin and Carlow are the two driest counties in Ireland. Cork is the second (behind kirry) wettest" would have been a clue to most people that I was referring to the county of Cork - not to you though :rolleyes:

Yet, we are talking about public transport in and around the city.
Its unfair to attribute the wetness of the South West coast to the City.
As a so-called engineer you want to be precise, don't you?

Yet, we are talking about public transport in and around the city.
Its unfair to attribute the wetness of the South West coast to the City.
As a so-called engineer you want to be precise, don't you?

Public transport in and around the city??????

WTF happened to the suburban rail that was going to be linking Mallow to Cobh with a multitude of stations in between. Jeezo that didn't last long under you greens did it.

I didn't have a near-death experience with that gormless cyclist, a female driver driving east on Lower Oliver Plunkett street did. Her view of Clontarf Street was equally obscured by the green builders hoarding and she was progressing through the junction some seconds after her lights would've gone green, only to very narrowly avoid hitting a tw@t on a bike who'd very dangerously broken the lights which were red well before he even reached the junction.

You can witter on about nobody giving a sh*te while at the same time trying to deny it happened all you like. Doesn't bother me one scintilla whether you believe me or not because I saw it happen. And the fact that you've previous for claiming not to believe things that others here know actually happened puts your opinion on the veracity of events at a very low mark. :cool:
Public transport in and around the city??????

WTF happened to the suburban rail that was going to be linking Mallow to Cobh with a multitude of stations in between. Jeezo that didn't last long under you greens did it.
Please put that prick on "ignore". Life is so much more simpler.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

26th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼