Cork to Clonmel?

A few years ago I was dating a girl from Kilkenny, and I went up to visit her one Christmas.

On the way up I'd to get a bus to Waterford, and then another bus up to Kilkenny.

On the way home however...

I had to take a bus to Clonmel train station, and then get another bus to Cork.

I didn't even known Clonmel had a train station tbh. Since then I've discovered that a few of the Tipp stations are still officially in service, but rarely used.

Clonmel, Cahir, Carrick on Suir, and Tipp Town all have active train stations. There's like one train a day that stops there, I think it's Limerick Junction to Waterford.

Meanwhile Youghal has a greenway.

A few years ago I was dating a girl from Kilkenny, and I went up to visit her one Christmas.

On the way up I'd to get a bus to Waterford, and then another bus up to Kilkenny.

On the way home however...

I had to take a bus to Clonmel train station, and then get another bus to Cork.

I didn't even known Clonmel had a train station tbh. Since then I've discovered that a few of the Tipp stations are still officially in service, but rarely used.

Clonmel, Cahir, Carrick on Suir, and Tipp Town all have active train stations. There's like one train a day that stops there, I think it's Limerick Junction to Waterford.

Meanwhile Youghal has a greenway.
That sounds utterly depressing. I love trains but getting the bus makes me lose the will to live.

That sounds utterly depressing. I love trains but getting the bus makes me lose the will to live.

I'm a massive fan of buses. One of my favorite things in the world is a long regional bus journey in the dark, ideally when it's raining. A good book, fully charged phone and headphones, and snacks. Oh yeah.

During Covid I did a round trip of Ireland using only the bus. Absolute magic. Got as far as Letterkenny.

One a bus is comfortable, reasonably modern, and has a functioning jacks, I see nothing wrong with it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼