Cork Minor Hurlers 2014

Good insight, and with kids and young players time will tell a lot. I would not write Na Parsaigh off either this year.
Looks like it might come down to douglas/na piarsaigh to meet in a q\final with the winners meeting winners of barrs/rockies in semi final. Wouldn't see winners of douglas/na piarsaigh beating either barrs or rockies. Douglas will have a greater focus on the football and na piarsaigh have too few full minors this year to be real contenders. That na piarsaigh group seem to have been on the slide for the last few years with a lot of the players no longer involved from what i can see - Craig Connolly and Eoin O'Leary being too good examples. Which is a pity as they were serious team up to u14/u15. All,the big city clubs suffer from huge numbers dropping out and I suppose Na P are no different in that regard. It seems to have hit this group particularly hard.

Last edited:
Must be a Na Parsaigh man Iluvhurling, its true Full minors would seem to be in short supply with them. Its true all clubs will have a drain in these age groups. the big clubs like Douglas seem to have an endless supply though.

any of you have any idea how many of the cork team that played limerick played for cork tonight against clare in Ballyhea

about 3 - 15 to 3 - 13 or so in favour of cork
1 - 08 to 1 06 at half time

any of you have any idea how many of the cork team that played limerick played for cork tonight against clare in Ballyhea

Cork had about 10 of the team that played Lmk apparently. It seems they were trying a few things as a lot of players played out of their 'normal' positions by all accounts.

Clare have been keeping their powder dry ! were they full strength this evening ? Stories of being well beaten by Limerick but presume season only intensifying now ?

most notable omission from Cork would have been Shane Kingston, but a few backs injured at the moment also

I heard Cork brought a restricted panel of about 20 !

Clare strong half forwards I heard with terrific workrate and intensity playing the same possession game as seniors so won't be too far away come judgement day

Clare have been keeping their powder dry ! were they full strength this evening ? Stories of being well beaten by Limerick but presume season only intensifying now ?

most notable omission from Cork would have been Shane Kingston, but a few backs injured at the moment also

I heard Cork brought a restricted panel of about 20 !

Clare strong half forwards I heard with terrific workrate and intensity playing the same possession game as seniors so won't be too far away come judgement day

clare were annihilated by limerick this day last week
1 - 19 to 7 at half time 1 29 to 17 full time
three of the football team will probably play assuming no injurys
the 17 and the 20 who came on as subs will definitely start i imagine.

I dont think the management know the team yet

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

4th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼