Cork hurlings next manager

Certainly wants Hoggie playing anyway when you see that interview. Age no problem!
Mad as it sounds don't rule out Nash just yet either
Pat Ryan could hardly say he was going to cut anybody over thirty from the squad.

What he is simply saying is that everyone has a chance with him, even club players who may not have been involved with the county team until now.

Also possibly saying not to expect the team next year to be instantly filled with players from the successful under 20 teams.

Really? Seem to remember you having a dig at Ursula Jacob's voice/accent on here recently. Would you say that was a personal dig or more geared towards her match analysis?

That might have been me GM. Nothing against UJ and I think her opinions and insights on the games of hurling and Camogie are every bit as good as others in the studio, think she might make a better anchor than the current lady, but it's just her voice I find very grating. They say some people have "a face for radio", poor UJ has NOT been blessed with a voice for broadcast, at least not to my (previously pretty robust) ears.

And again, that's not in any way to question her analysis of the games, it's just her voice isn't great. Maybe a newspaper column would be a better outlet for her.

Glad to see Pat Ryan get it, one of the most popular appointments in a long time
But my fear is already some people are getting carried away like Cork will automatically win all Ireland's now.
It wouldn't surprise me in 12 months time to see people here looking for change again

Yes there may be a certain amount of over-optimism (somewhere between dead-cat-bounce and euphoria :cool:) but I don 't think it fair to judge Ryan on silverware after 12 months. He just needs to show continual improvement imho. Rally the troops, develop a bit of a siege mentality in the squad to help fight the weight of history that is the growing elephant in the room, and give the players who are undoubtedly skillful some self-belief and trust in a plan that they can see will work.

Maybe I'm blindly optimistic but I'm actually reasonably confident that in three years with PR at the helm I think Cork will win the AI. But we'll lose games along the way. I think PR is THE best option Cork have at the moment and hopefully the other parts will click into place behind the scenes.

Yes there may be a certain amount of over-optimism (somewhere between dead-cat-bounce and euphoria :cool:) but I don 't think it fair to judge Ryan on silverware after 12 months. He just needs to show continual improvement imho. Rally the troops, develop a bit of a siege mentality in the squad to help fight the weight of history that is the growing elephant in the room, and give the players who are undoubtedly skillful some self-belief and trust in a plan that they can see will work.

Maybe I'm blindly optimistic but I'm actually reasonably confident that in three years with PR at the helm I think Cork will win the AI. But we'll lose games along the way. I think PR is THE best option Cork have at the moment and hopefully the other parts will click into place behind the scenes.
I dont think it is blindly optimistic, Of course a lot will depend on whether Limerick will continue to churn out top class players,
and continue in their current vein,

That might have been me GM. Nothing against UJ and I think her opinions and insights on the games of hurling and Camogie are every bit as good as others in the studio, think she might make a better anchor than the current lady, but it's just her voice I find very grating. They say some people have "a face for radio", poor UJ has NOT been blessed with a voice for broadcast, at least not to my (previously pretty robust) ears.

And again, that's not in any way to question her analysis of the games, it's just her voice isn't great. Maybe a newspaper column would be a better outlet for her.
I find her accent fine...would prefer listening to her than Mourinho or Wegner.
Or Davy Fitz

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼