Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Of the 4 injured players, do you really think all 4 of them will just come back into the into a semi???
If they do I'd have no fear, fellas will be off the pace.

You're on about Limerick going through the gear is a bit ironic.
Why can't Cork with the 15 we have go through the gears? Why are we bringing fellas back in for the sake of it?
Start the same 15, tell fellas to empty the tank and if they need to be changed after 35 minutes so be it.

If Joyce is coming back in he comes in for Tim (which would be harsh as he's done nothing wrong) Rob will still keep the 6 jersey.
Joyce can be used better as wing back so when he goes forward it doesn't leave a huge gap in the centre of our backline.
Downey anchors the back line and that's what we need.
Richie English and Darragh O'Donovan should be off the pace to start and play 70 minutes but imagine the lift alone O'Donovan would give Limerick coming on not to mind his playing capabilities. I wouldn't expect Finn or Flanagan to be off the pace as they've played enough hurling. In a way its the chance for other counties to make hay with Peter Casey out because he should be back next year on a mission of unfinished business.

The Limerick management and players referred to improving from game to game hence going through the gears. Limerick's sights were more on the 5 in a row before a ball was pucked rather than the 6 in a row in Munster. Cork's improvement was more sudden after a disastrous performance v Waterford.

Joyce could also come in for Twomey at mid-feld or at 7 with Mark Coleman going mid-field.

Regarding O'Mahony at 5 if one was thinking a more defensive wing-back then it's Ger Millerick but the management will probably stick with O'Mahony who has scoring potential. I'd lean towards Millerick with O'Mahony a versatile option off the bench, this wouldn't matter a whole pile next Saturday but it should v Limerick and maybe Dublin.

For me it's Joyce at 5, 7 or 9 with Millerick at 5 or 7 with Downey staying at 6 for Offaly but posters have a right to question his lack of recovery and speed on the turn.

dublin will be no push overs, this is a banana skin waiting to happen, for some reason they changed the way they play in the leinster final, some people are saying wexford can beat clare if this is a possibility so is Dublin beating Cork, Dublin have an excellent management team, there running game is similar to ours from the past 4-5 years. if it works it works. if we can turn them over in half back line we should be ok, if they get the run on us it will be more uncomfortable, im hear lots of cork to turn limerick over, the pain of the last 19 years has me nervous.

dublin will be no push overs, this is a banana skin waiting to happen, for some reason they changed the way they play in the leinster final, some people are saying wexford can beat clare if this is a possibility so is Dublin beating Cork, Dublin have an excellent management team, there running game is similar to ours from the past 4-5 years. if it works it works. if we can turn them over in half back line we should be ok, if they get the run on us it will be more uncomfortable, im hear lots of cork to turn limerick over, the pain of the last 19 years has me nervous.
We get far too cocky at times. One game at a time.

really surprised there are tickets floating around, has it gone to expensive to go to every game.
Expensive. Double header in Tullamore. It’s a full day out. Tickets, Grub, a few snacks & travel for 2 adults and 3 children is €150+.
The hurling isn’t a contest. No direct train knocks out most of our young support on the terrace.
It’s a huge spin 3 1/2 hrs each way for the majority of the football support.
If this double header was on in Thurles it would sell out.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Kanan Gill (In English)
City Limits, Coburg St.

16th Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Wondersauce

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼