Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unbelievable performance today. Hopefully no draws next week and we will take some stopping. There must be some fellas on here and around the country embarrassed with comments they have made about Hoggie and Seamie. Hoggie looks like he could play at this level for another couple of years. Also I know the game was over when JOC came on but he looked off the pace even when the game was so open at the end. Whatever happens next week is out of our control but Pat Ryan is absolutely the man for this job! Up the Rebels

Has any other team as much depth as us? In the backs we have Millerick, Joyce and Cahalane that can do a job in both full and half back line. Tommy O Connell, Meade and Roche midfield backup options and Kingston, Lehane and Jack O Connor in the forwards. PR has developed a serious panel in all fairness.
Kingston’s run against Limerick May go down as the pivotal moment for this Cork hurling team.

Clare have us in head to head. Both Clare and Cork would be 4 points.
Is that right? If Limerick draw and Clare lose, that leaves ourselves, Clare, and Waterford in a 3 way tie for second. I was under the impression that where there was a 3 way tie, points difference was the primary decider in which case we would not only go through, but finish second and find ourselves in the Munster final.

That's my understanding of it, but open to correction.

I think the 2 losses will be the making of this team.

We has no choice but to go for broke and the fact that we were up against the best team of the modern era didn't matter to us.

Going to a Liam Cahill managed Tipp was the perfect game to follow up.

Our biggest rivals over the years and we demolished them.

This team has great self belief now and fear no one.

Apart from Limerick, we are the team that everyone will want to avoid

The character of this generation of hurlers has bern often questioned - not anymore

Finally Connolly - the most exciting forward we've produced since Setanta

Is that right? If Limerick draw and Clare lose, that leaves ourselves, Clare, and Waterford in a 3 way tie for second. I was under the impression that where there was a 3 way tie, points difference was the primary decider in which case we would not only go through, but finish second and find ourselves in the Munster final.

This is correct. Head to head when it’s a two way tie and points difference when it’s a 3 way tie.

Clare will beat Tipp but couldn’t rule out a draw in Waterford and Limerick which puts them both through or even Waterford knocking Limerick out which would be the ideal scenario.

If that’s right then there is no way that Waterford or Clare can finish with a better score difference than us with those results, meaning we’d be through to a Munster final vs Limerick?? I could be wrong though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

16th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Darragh O Rourke

Seventy Seven, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼