Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lads you are allowed to point out that the extent of any win (and that's not presupposing a win at all) could be relevant ultimately
Apparently not, the resident toxin has decreed it otherwise.

Tipp really are hard to read, or predict, based on their performances this year and last.
You could argue they're capable of plumbing lows that we’ve not seen from Cork over our 7 championship games in 23,24.
In terms of their heights, we know we can match them.

My main concern is them getting rapid fire goals, used to be a hallmark of Cahill teams, haven't seen it from Tipp in a while but they have the personnel to do it.
We'll need to keep scores regular and stay consistently in touch if they do get a run, like we did v Limerick.

If the lads keep their confidence and keep the heads, don't get drawn into the kind of niggly s**t that they did v Clare, I think we'll be grand.

I need some old head to tell me ala Loughnane 'we're going to do it' - no amount of stout is dampening my pre game terrors.

Cork are bet the hay is saved... come on you fucking Rebels

Even though I’m a bag of nerves there’s something very special about Cork and Tipp in Thurles in a knockout match. This is what we were reared on.

Reminded of a funny story told by Mickey ‘The Rattler’ Byrne. The story he told was that he said to Ring ‘You know what Christy we’ll have to shoot you’ to which Ring replied ‘Sure Jaysus Mickey ye tried everything else’.

Safe travels to all heading up tomorrow. Rebels Abú 🔴⚪

Even though I’m a bag of nerves there’s something very special about Cork and Tipp in Thurles in a knockout match. This is what we were reared on.

Reminded of a funny story told by Mickey ‘The Rattler’ Byrne. The story he told was that he said to Ring ‘You know what Christy we’ll have to shoot you’ to which Ring replied ‘Sure Jaysus Mickey ye tried everything else’.

Safe travels to all heading up tomorrow. Rebels Abú 🔴⚪
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I told it to Terry Hasset who bate Ring in 56 to win a country for the Rockies - some fella said to Ring 'Cork look good on paper'... Ring said 'tis a pity we can't bate Tipp on paper' 😂

Pat Ryan looking for his first back-to-back Championship wins at Senior level. This is going to be a huge ask after the energy-sapping win of last weekend. I believe we can get the job done, albeit, we’ll have numerous squeaky bum and brown trouser moments throughout the 70 minutes+ injury time.

Today will define imo whether we are contenders or pretenders in consistent performances.
If it was me I would have Hayes on Barrett and Hoggie on Morgan and this could open up the matchup I hope we get is Connolly on Maher. Connolly is due a big game and goals.
Will be interesting to see where Breen plays and if they switch around at the back.
R Downey against a 6 4 centre forward will be a good battle.
When the many changes were made I was a fan of 3 of the lads like I said on here E Downey Hayes and E Twomey and these were very important to us moving forward.
I think Connolly will come very much alive today with a few goals.
Jeez I would love to see this team play in Croke Park.
A win would just lift us all rebels.
Safe travels and on the Banner 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

11th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Re-useabalt-market

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼