Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Just finished watching the Saturday game twice to make sure it wasn’t all just a dream. We caught Limerick cold in the first half with our direct brand of attacking hurling. In truth we should have been 12/14 points up at ht and the game put to bed. Obviously Lk got read the riot act at ht and went into 4th gear from the restart. We lost our way a bit in the second half but managed to stay in touch nonetheless. Kingstons run in injury time will be spoken about in years to come like JBM and Fentons famous goals. What a night to be able to say, I was there. Drive it on now for next Sunday: same intensity and cuteness required.

It’s likely to be another Limerick v Clare Munster final, which would be no bad thing. Let them hammer the shite out of each other again, and hopefully, we can slip through the side door.

Jaysus tis a bit early for that. We’ve won one match. Unless we beat Tipp it won’t count for much. Still wouldn’t want to be facing Limerick in Croke Park!
Kiely is a good (hurling) man and anyone with a sporting bone in their body can only admire the Limerick group, bar a couple of high profile exceptions, for what they have done, they are probably the best team to ever play the game, and still odds on to win the A-I.

I have a gut feeling that 4 points will see Cork through one way or another, hopefully the team reach the same level of performance in Thurles and we'll see from there where the chips fall

It’s likely to be another Limerick v Clare Munster final, which would be no bad thing. Let them hammer the shite out of each other again, and hopefully, we can slip through the side door.
Mad to think KK and Galway will probably get to the AI semi's after stumbling through Leinster and the 3 Munster teams will have been through hell and back to get to the same stage

Kiely is a good (hurling) man and anyone with a sporting bone in their body can only admire the Limerick group, bar a couple of high profile exceptions, for what they have done, they are probably the best team to ever play the game, and still odds on to win the A-I.

I have a gut feeling that 4 points will see Cork through one way or another, hopefully the team reach the same level of performance in Thurles and we'll see from there where the chips fall
The bottom line is we have to beat Tipp next Sunday or we are gone. Other results will mean nothing if we dont

But a win for Clare against waterford earlier will mean waterford having to draw with Limerick the following week to knock us out

A Waterford win against Clare will mean we would need a knocked out Tipp to beat Clare the following weekend

I’d be more comfortable relying on limerick beating waterford to be honest but our fate is still on a knife edge

Byrnes had a nightmare of a game. Harnedy was loose and caused mayhem repeatedly in first half. Dalton was in Kyle Hayes face whole day, and Barrett took Hannon to the cleaners. Brian Hayes definitely silenced the critics!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

This Is It | 8 Dance Portraits: Laura Murphy Dance

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼