Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Limerick a formidable team but they’re trying to achieve 5 in a row with pretty much an unchanged team over five years. Dublin did it in football but there was significant change in personnel over the winning period.
They’re favourites for certain but at current odds (8/11) I’d be laying against them rather than putting money on

Limerick a formidable team but they’re trying to achieve 5 in a row with pretty much an unchanged team over five years. Dublin did it in football but there was significant change in personnel over the winning period.
They’re favourites for certain but at current odds (8/11) I’d be laying against them rather than putting money on
unchanged team yes, but they are all at the peak of their powers.

Cork need to change from pretenders into contenders. We were a puck of a ball away in all the games we lost last year, so we are not far off but I think game management and the right substitutions are key for us.

unchanged team yes, but they are all at the peak of their powers.

Cork need to change from pretenders into contenders. We were a puck of a ball away in all the games we lost last year, so we are not far off but I think game management and the right substitutions are key for us.
Every team in our Munster championship deserve huge respect, anything other that would be the height of foolishness.
Waterford, Clare and Tipperary on their day can beat any team including Cork or Limerick or conversely could equally be beaten by any of the others.

Limerick chasing a fifth title in a row with what is basically the same starting fifteen over that period is an enormous challenge, it would be for any team.
My own belief is that Limerick were at their peak in 2021 when they cantered to the title , 2022 was a bigger challenge for them and in 2023 they nearly exited the competition in Munster.

2024 starts all over again for everybody and at this stage it is way too early to tell which teams are likely to get out of Munster. Impressive league results in early February count for very little at the end of April and into May.

Obviously Limerick are favourites , they have been adopting a different strategy this year whereby they are playing far more young players in the league and saving the big guns for later , that may work for them, or not.

At the moment Clare and Tipp are the form teams and nobody( ourselves included) know what Cork will produce this year and Waterford have lost several players but will lie down against anyone.

I think Limerick have come back a bit, how could they not , but have other counties improved sufficiently to turn them over is the key question.

One thing we have going for us is unpredictability. If we can't even begin to name the team, I doubt that Davey, Lohan, Kiely or Cahill can. Of course they'll be more worried about getting their own houses in order, but it'll be hard to figure match ups when you've very little idea what's coming at you.

The only near certain starters are Coleman and Joyce. Collins, Cahalane, Donaghue, Fitzy and Hoggy are very likely. Of all of those, Joyce at CB is the only definite position.

More likely than not are Millerick, Rob Downey, Mahoney, O'Connell and Harnedy - what positions, who knows?

Leary, Rob Downey, Twomey, Dalton, Meade, Lehane, Connolly, Robbie Flynn all strong contenders for positions unknown. Cotter, Kingston, and O'Connor will have chances to nail down a spot too.

If Ryan and Co have some idea what direction they're going in, they're giving a masterclass in shadow boxing. If they don't, they'd want to get it together fast.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼