Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Daly was right. Hoggy was winning his own ball just doesn't have the pace to get clear of his man. Put through Meade for an open Goal which he made a meal of. Who was the only other fella in that Forward line winning primary possession, Twomey. Kingston was getting cleaned. Lehane is great with time and space and Flynn wa struggling with Butler. Why do fellas get so rattled by proper analysis and fall back into the Delusion of Corkness.
Because it's not proper analysis if it's laced through with strong bias against a player on the grounds of his being over 30.

Got nothing to do with being rattled, more to do with wanting to hear from someone who doesn't just repeat the same dull, tired commentary week in week out.

Probably hard to grasp if your posts obsessively bang on about some imagined "Delusion of Corkness".

Nothing against Dalo, he's alright, he's just more of a personality that comments as opposed to a serious analyst.

Much better analysis here from his fellow county man:

What about this team come ch'ship:
1. Collins
2. Eoin Roche
3. Damien
4. SOD
5. Eoin Downey
6. CJ
7. Rob Downey
8. TOC
9. Coleman
10. Twomey/Dalton (injury dependent)
11. Fitz
12. TOM
13. Connolly
14. Hoggie
15. ROF/Shane Barrett (injury dependent)

Harnedy, Lehane, Kingston, Hayes as bench options

Picked for physicality mainly but with some pace through the middle with Coleman, Fitz and Robbie or Barrett. Tim important as well as he offers both pace and physicality. Reality is that good hurling teams have physically imposing half back lines and I think the two Downeys and Joyce would be imposing and very strong in the air allowing Cork to push up on puck outs.

Only concern is that midfield is a bit untested but I guess that's what the league is for. Would happily swap in Brian Roche if necessary.
Are you an alt of mine cause that is almost the team I would pick 🤣

Eoin Roche fighting Damien for no 3 jersey and taking it if he keeps playing the way he is

Sean Twomey is playing himself into no 12 which might tempt management to play Tim midfield with Coleman and play a fit Dalton or Seamus at 10. Harsh on Tommy but size is king

I think Shane Barrett will get the no 15 jersey with Connolly held in reserve unless he ousts Hoggy

Collins
GMillerick - ERoche - SODonoghue
EDowney - CJoyce - RDowney
TOMahony - MColeman
DDalton - DFitzgibbon - STwomey
ROFlynn - PHorgan - SBarrett

Last edited:
Are you an alt of mine cause that is almost the team I would pick 🤣

Ger Millerick wing back, Eoin Downey corner back with Eoin Roche fighting Damien for no 3 jersey

Sean Twomey is playing himself into no 12 which might tempt management to play Tim midfield with Coleman and play a fit Dalton or Seamus at 10

I think Shane Barrett will get the no 15 jersey with Connolly held in reserve unless he ousts Hoggy
Tim can't Tackle. Needs to be moved into Forward line . Millerick needs to go in Corner. Our best man marker by a Country mile. The back under pressure come championship could be our Captain.

Daly was right. Hoggy was winning his own ball just doesn't have the pace to get clear of his man. Put through Meade for an open Goal which he made a meal of. Who was the only other fella in that Forward line winning primary possession, Twomey. Kingston was getting cleaned. Lehane is great with time and space and Flynn wa struggling with Butler. Why do fellas get so rattled by proper analysis and fall back into the Delusion of Corkness.
Article had nothing to do with Hoghie winning his own ball. It was about singling out one player as our only forward. Scoreboard never shows ball wining stats Delusion is yours & Daly's.

Tim can't Tackle. Needs to be moved into Forward line . Millerick needs to go in Corner. Our best man marker by a Country mile. The back under pressure come championship could be our Captain.
You must be joking on captain being under pressure, O'Donoghue is playing very well. Shaky start the last night but 2nd half performance was top class defending, he was badly missed last year in round robin and will be a big addition this year

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Andy Irvine
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

6th Dec 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼