Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm a lehane fan but this type of year suits them. They have the pace that other fellas probably don't and the soft pitch they can use it.
Spot on, either of them will be doing well to make our first 15, keep up that form and they’ll both be viable options from the bench
Speaking of pacey players. Very disappointed in Jack O'Connor yesterday
Should've suited him as well. He's gone way back in form.
Jack was like a lost boy yesterday, his confidence looks shot, I don’t think he’s anywhere near the first 15 and hasn’t been for a few years, he will struggle to make the championship 26 unless his form changes

Last edited:
Saunderson puck outs were excellent and i was sitting around the 45 yard line cork were defending the 1st half and he was very vocal

Full back line were very good never let clare get a shot at goal solid day out .

Half back line Joyce was good and Tommy very good, Thought o brien's hurling was slow. Daire O Leary very good when he came on,

Midfield Carey got a good point but was quite roache made some good runs and would be in my starting 15 all day long

Half forward line Lehane scored 1-3 but had 2 very bad wides
Kingston very accurate but yesterdays game suited him, Twomey worked very hard and tackeld well , but when on the ball thought his hurling was slow but would give him game time in the league

Full forward line Jack was poor had two goal chances keeper saved one and put one over the bar when he should have buried it, would start for me in championship Hayes worked hard all day thought he did better when he came out to the half forward line Robbie Cotter did very well scored some great points

When Robbie o Flynn came on anytime he got on the ball the crowd came alive would love to see him play at 14 this year
Very good analysis, the only slight issue I’d have with it is Sean Twomey, the value he adds to our foward line is immense and mostly unnoticed, he won’t be shooting the lights out but he is the type of player we lack

Spot on, either of them will be doing well to make our first 15, keep up that form and they’ll both be viable options from the bench

Jack looked like a lost boy yesterday, his confidence looks shot, I don’t think he’s anywhere near the first 15 and hasn’t been for a few years, he will struggle to make the championship 26 unless his form changes
JOC struggled early on the TeddyMC game as well, a few poor wides but then came into it. Think he ended up with 1-2 or 1-3. Bit of an enigma tbh.

A worthwhile run around for the players yesterday, the only negative being the injury to Declan Dalton.
To be honest you will see games played within a squad which will have more intensity than the one we saw yesterday.
But, it is nice for the players to stretch their legs in a game and nice for some of the younger lads to get their first senior run even if it meant very little.

From the fans point of view it was nice to see some of the more established players involved, no matter how briefly.

I thought Cathal McCarthy, Brion Saunderson and Robbie Cotter in particular looked comfortable and impressed but also Sean Twomey looked industrious .
Brian Hayes tried hard but maybe didn't have the same success as others.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st Aug 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼