Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Perhaps. Maybe I expect him to be a world beater and when he doesn’t reach those levels I’m inevitably let down.

Needless to say I’m not the only Cork supporter who has doubts about him. Accept many don’t also.

I’m chatting with you here in good faith as you have. A pity that that the outdoor threadmill fellow is trying to troll me again.
I think that’s a huge issue in Cork, a young fella gets a big write up and we expect miracles from him every game, Deccie should have spent the last 5 years learning his trade as an inter county hurler but his style didn’t fit, Ii have no issue with your concerns but base then on what you see with your own eyes this year not on some perceived notion that he has to be the new Gearoid Hegarty!

I think that’s a huge issue in Cork, a young fella gets a big write up and we expect miracles from him every game, Deccie should have spent the last 5 years learning his trade as an inter county hurler but his style didn’t fit, Ii have no issue with your concerns but base then on what you see with your own eyes this year not on some perceived notion that he has to be the new Gearoid Hegarty!
I completely agree with that. We’re much to quick to hype up a player and shoot him down when he doesn’t perform how we’ve been told he should.

Really looking forward to the match in 2 weeks. Missed the last few league matches due to family commitments so it’ll be great to be back at matches again. Here’s hoping for a long summer!

I completely agree with that. We’re much to quick to hype up a player and shoot him down when he doesn’t perform how we’ve been told he should.

Really looking forward to the match in 2 weeks. Missed the last few league matches due to family commitments so it’ll be great to be back at matches again. Here’s hoping for a long summer!
Now that we can agree on 🤣

How about this for a team. 1. Patrick Collins 2. Conor O’Callaghan 3. Eoin Downey 4. Damien Cahalane 5. Robert Downey 6. Ciaran Joyce, 7. Tommy O'Connell 8. Brian Roche 9. Tim O Mahoney 10. Declan Dalton 11. Seamus Harnedy 12. Sean Twomey 13. Shane Barret 14. Patrick Horgan 15. Padraig Power

How about this for a team. 1. Patrick Collins 2. Conor O’Callaghan 3. Eoin Downey 4. Damien Cahalane 5. Robert Downey 6. Ciaran Joyce, 7. Tommy O'Connell 8. Brian Roche 9. Tim O Mahoney 10. Declan Dalton 11. Seamus Harnedy 12. Sean Twomey 13. Shane Barret 14. Patrick Horgan 15. Padraig Power
Robbie O’Flynn?

TAN

Even based on performances in the league IMO Conor O'Callaghan has showed up better than Eoin Roche. Why do you select Roche?

Most folk are omitting Sean O'Donoghue and if he had a hamstring injury I would do same but not with a dead leg. He has been running the last 2 weeks and he has another 2.5 weeks to get right. If he is physically fit he should be playing a part because only the Waterford game will give him match fitness for Tipp.

Sean Twomey starting is another surprise, he has done very little to warrant a start unless he's flying in training or something. Dalton starts anyway for me and should be on the frees, penalties and sideline cuts. Hoggy also starts but I'd rather compare Barrett, Kingston or Lehane regarding Twomey rather than Dalton.

Its a sort of bias maybe. I don't think he is tidy enough in his hurling for a corner back and i feel he is hesitant receiving a puck out. I accept that there isnt much between them

If O donoghue is fit he plays

The Twomey thing is 100% because he is the kind of player cork need to compete. He would be miles closer to the limerick team than half a dozen lads that have played championship for cork over the last 3 years

Compare how much hurling Conor Boylan has done for limerick compared to Adrian Breen from his own club. In cork it would 100% be the other way round in my view

Maybe we are being too harsh on Dalton. But I don’t think his cause has been helped by silly articles like this one.

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed that article at the time.

I had a whale of a time on twitter with mr McNamara over it . Absolutely insane stuff altogether. I mean Cork hadnt even won the u 21 at that stage.
The poor young lad who was so brilliant but only made the bench because the rest of them were even BRILLIANTER .

If waterford are fit how would you fancy that full back line v Hutchison Kiely and Dunford or bennett?

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed that article at the time.

I had a whale of a time on twitter with mr McNamara over it . Absolutely insane stuff altogether. I mean Cork hadnt even won the u 21 at that stage.
The poor young lad who was so brilliant but only made the bench because the rest of them were even BRILLIANTER .
Spot on, poor Peter and his opinions of Cork hurling should be on the back page of the Beano.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼