Good post but you do realise it was the players who forced the change in tactics not the management?
I wasn’t aware of that R&B but it’s not a huge surprise and another reason why there needs to be a change of management as it should never happen that the players feel they need to do this.
I think there are a number of key boxes that absolutely need to be ticked entering into a season ie :
1) do management have a plan ?
2) do the players understand it ?
3) do the players fully buy into it ?
4) does each player know their own role ?
5) is each player capable of doing what is asked of them ?
6) is the morale in the camp good ?
7) will the players play for each other ?
8) will the players play for management ?
Players should always feel that management have a plan and know exactly what they are doing and what they expect from each player. The Players need to trust in that plan and execute on it. It would appear that multiple of these boxes weren’t ticked for Cork this season so the buck stops with management.