Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Exactly - teams change their centre backs quite frequently, lads are way over playing the supposed inability to move Coleman at this juncture. Like mark himself is an experienced top player, he’s surely saying to the mgmt that he would be able to contribute more without having to hold the centre and that what happened vs Waterford just can’t happen again
Especially as captain. You'd hope they've something up their sleeve or else it could be a bitter day to go with the weather.

For the record, I'm not in favour of playing Coleman at centre back. I thought not playing Joyce there during the league was ludicrous, and has now come to bite us in the arse.

It is totally unfair to expect a 19 year old to have played midfield, half back, corner back and now spring him into centre back on the eve of championship.

I am disappointed Downey is not starting though. I think he would have been a perfect foil for Hegarty.

In a strange way I think the bigger game is the 2nd one is V Clare and if Tipp bt W'ford tomorrow thats bad news for us too we need to stay on par with Tipp and Clare for 3rd spot.

For the record, I'm not in favour of playing Coleman at centre back. I thought not playing Joyce there during the league was ludicrous, and has now come to bite us in the arse.

It is totally unfair to expect a 19 year old to have played midfield, half back, corner back and now spring him into centre back on the eve of championship.

I am disappointed Downey is not starting though. I think he would have been a perfect foil for Hegarty.
Joyce should have been 6 from day 1, not his fault, or Mark’s that he wasn’t, the selectors pick the team and they have made a huge blunder because they won’t/can’t bring themselves to accept the experiment won’t work.

Downey being dropped is an absolute disgrace, he has played his way into the no7 jersey on merit but he becomes the latest fall guy for our Harlem globetrotter hurling style.

At the very least Downey should have been picked full back as a last resort to get him on the pitch. Ye all know I will always back Damien but Robert is just a class apart as a hurler.

If i was John Kiely looking at our team I would be rubbing my hands in anticipation, and I would be playing Kyle Hayes at 11 and Cian Lynch at 14 to target our weaknesses

I’m now dreading tomorrow if I’m honest

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pillow Queens
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

5th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼