Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Isn't that the point though.
You could have argued for Horgan, O Donoghue,nJOC and O Mahony.
I find it strange that as finalists not one was recognised but Conor Prunty was, makes no sense to me.

Would a sending off in a semifinal not affect your chances of an All star ?

I don't think a hurler in Cork will lose a minutes sleep over this... that is not the point.
Something is done correctly or it should not be done at all.
Good post! This was a snub of the highest order and there's no doubt that an anti-Cork bias exists.

Ger Loughnane has a short memory when he refers Cork lucky to defeat Clare this year, does he realise for how long Clare actually led in that game and in 1995 how lucky were Clare in defeating Cork with a last minute goal before winning 2 AI's in 3 years? Also how lucky were Clare in the the drawn 2013 AI final?

Anthony Daly referring to Sean O'Gorman and Barry Egan gaining All-Stars in '93 is as envious as Loughnane. Cork won the National League after a debacle of 3 games that year and they defeated the bulk of the Wexford team that went on to win the '96 AI. O'Gorman and Egan stood out in that campaign with Egan's goal key in the 2nd replay. The National League winners and Provincial Championship winners were rightly considered for All-Stars then, now far too many go to the AI winners but the exception of course was when Cork won the 2010 AI Football final.

The Cork players won't lose sleep and a player such as Hoggy who has 4 All-Stars won't care but the ones who could have been awarded such as Sean O'Donoghue and Jack O'Connor in particular should be disappointed and the county board and management already expressed disappointment.

Cormac O Brien, Colin O Brien , the two Roches, Darie Connery and Daire O Leary i presume are all on the panel too ...they were for the All-Ireland last year ....Does anyone know if Simon Kennefick is on it ?
I presume Brian Turnbull is not or James Keating very suprised he has not got a chance .

Its hard to know exactly who is or isn't on it at this stage. There were players who went in last year on training panel but never appeared on match day 26. Some of those may or may not still be there
So it's difficult to keep a track of who's in there at moment

Cormac O Brien, Colin O Brien , the two Roches, Darie Connery and Daire O Leary i presume are all on the panel too ...they were for the All-Ireland last year ....Does anyone know if Simon Kennefick is on it ?
I presume Brian Turnbull is not or James Keating very suprised he has not got a chance .
Kennefick was on it last year according to cork website so assume he is still there, Brian Turnbull also up on the website as a member of last years panel.
Agreed re James Keating - seemed destined for senior a couple of years ago, good hurler and a strong young fella. Have injuries hampered him?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cork/Brittany maritime Residency Exhibition

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼