Common EU Cyberdefence

It's all part of their game, meanwhile the most vulnerable in our country and those who are trying to help them must suffer.

This should really be grabbing worldwide headlines because if can happen here then it can do so elsewhere.

The only hope is that the cybercriminals have overplayed their hand and that they will not win.

Surely international cooperation can put the squeeze on them.

Bitcoin needs to be properly regulated as a matter of extreme urgency. This happened in the US (colonial pipeline, Washington DC police department,) and New Zealand (health service).

Criminals demanding ransom payments in Bitcoin can only be stopped if Bitcoin becomes worthless overnight.

Possible stupid questions incoming to people with a clue about IT.

There's talk of medical data being released online next week, and talk of people's medical data being sold to other criminals.

Why is medical data so valuable (in the context of criminals purchasing it)? Also if someone rang me and said they were going to publish my medical data, I'd need a hernia operation from laughing (I realise other people value their privacy more than I do, but still).

It is the most valuable data.

If lenders got their hands on it, they could, for instance, find people who've lied on their loan/mortgage applications, and take action against them.

Marketers could push products at you, etc, etc.

Insurers could go through the list and cut loads of people.

Wait til you get people being spammed with emails from Dignitas.

You can change your facebook password, you can change your email address.

You can't change your blood type.

They had a fucking shared drive full of sensitive information, meanwhile, they're trying to say the IT staff were busy fighting covid.. fuck sake.

The decryption key is merely designed to demonstrate that the data has indeed been stolen.

It’s normally released to pressurise the victim into paying the ransom under threat of the data being posted online.

No ransom has been paid

If lenders got their hands on it, they could, for instance, find people who've lied on their loan/mortgage applications, and take action against them.

They had a fucking shared drive full of sensitive information, meanwhile, they're trying to say the IT staff were busy fighting covid.. fuck sake.

If lenders and insurers get the data illegally they would presumably be told to delete it by the data protection commissioner and using it to set rates would be legally questionable.

Thanks Benny, that’s the best explanation I’ve gotten. Makes sense now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Africa Day

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼