College House Parties

Absolutely. They’ll find out if a complaint is made but that’s assuming a complaint is made. Very difficult for a landlord to know about it unless they’re informed and even once informed what do they do? Who do they evict and how do they evict them? What about tenant’s rights?

Some residents may be afraid to complain and some may be old and frail bits we’re delving into smaller and smaller sections of society. First it’s all the residents. I’ve no doubt some students make life hell for their neighbors but it’s up to the affected residents to document the problems and present them. If the landlord is unaware then there isn’t much they can do. I’d bypass the landlords too because that could be months of hassle. Go straight to the college.

I'm not sure how a landlord could fail to be aware if his tenants are trashing the place or behaving in a way so as to be a nuisance unless he/she never goes near the property, the area is question extends beyond College road up as far as Glasheen road and in that catchment area I presume not every single householder is directly effected but those that are need more support from the College and the Gardai. You can make a third party complaint to the PRTB but I'd say that is a very slow process, of course it would help grreatly is these students, who are adults afterall, could conduct themselves in a civilised manner but that is too much to ask for.

Bottom line is that students away from home for the first time and owner occupiers living side by side with each other does not work.

I drove past Magazine road a few months back and saw two for sale signs up, that's two more houses that will end up being let to students because nobody else in their right mind would buy a house there now apart from a landlord looking to make an easy buck.

You apply the same to council tenants, great idea.

It already is. It's called eviction. Remember the good looking 23 year old on here a few months ago?

Also, by all means contact the college. But if some gowl is pissing in your garden at 3am, take pictures and call the cops too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼