China!

Are we doomed? It seems the lads in Oz think their fundamentals are OK.

"I think it's important that people don't hyperventilate about these type of things," said Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, whose country is heavily exposed to China, the biggest consumer of its commodity exports.

"It is not unusual to see stock market corrections. It is not unusual to see bubbles burst in particular markets and for there to be some flow-on effect in other stock markets, but the fundamentals are sound."

Sorry, this isn't SVH, I should give a proper response: people have been predicting that Oz would suffer massively when China suffers, for the last five or six years. I can't see how they themselves think they're sorted. Smacks of our own "soft landing" to me. I hope for their sake that I'm wrong.

I'd get a certain "told-you-so!" value out of it, but really, it'd be terrible for us. Oz and Canada are basically the Irish pressure valve. If Oz goes bang this year, our welfare bill is surely going to shoot up?
Although there's a lot of people over there with residency now. So we might get away with it, in the same way a lot of Polish stayed over here.

If Oz goes bang, does that mean that all the scum who fucked off are going to come back? I can imagine it now, all the scum giving out about the weather, saying things like "do you know where I was this time 12 months ago?" with a far away look.

fml.. .

At least the German Economy is still going strong.

Paddy came back for two weeks there and he had the place in shit, nearly gave Mary down in the passport office a stroke.

B

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼