Changes No. 10 Bus Route/ Timetable

THE NO 10 bus route is being withdrawn and the last day of operation is SATURDAY 21st JULY 2012.
FROM SUNDAY 22nd JULY 2012, MAHON POINT WILL BE SERVED BY NEW ROUTE 215: MAHON POINT - CITY CENTRE - BLARNEY - CLOGHROE.

See www.buseireann.ie for further details

Glasheen will still have a service apparently

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1322569583-Cork210.pdf

"this route is being withdrawn, and last day of operation will be saturday 14th july 2012.
from sunday 15th july 2012, mahon point will be served by:
new route 215 mahon point - city centre - blarney - cloghroe. glasheen will be served by:
route 216 cork university hospital - glasheen - city centre - mount oval."

That will be the end of the No 10, the good news for the passengers is that the stop will no longer be on Sullys Quay, it will be back to the old stop on Grand Parade.
So from now on the 216 will go from Mount Oval, to town and onto CUH via Glasheen.

Is this because there is no demand for it, do many people use it?
I reckon we will have to get used to routes like this being cut back.
If CIE did not get that €26m last week from the government then there would no longer be any Bus Eireann/Dublin Bus/Irish Rail services.
Next year they will only that annual grant for running what I think are deemed social routes, which they cannot make money on.

I don't know if it's no demand. It's not making them enough money I assume.
A private company could make a killing off this route, bringing people to town after the pubs etc down here. Doubt it's legal though.
and the fares are going up AGAIN soon, after the govt giving them money, only in this country.

I don't know if it's no demand. It's not making them enough money I assume.
A private company could make a killing off this route, bringing people to town after the pubs etc down here. Doubt it's legal though.
and the fares are going up AGAIN soon, after the govt giving them money, only in this country.

Chalk it down a private company would make money and that route as you mentioned would of course be profitable.
The problem is of course that we have an Irish Civil Service type organisation running these bus routes. I can only imagine the BS that goes on in that organisation

I remember when Air Coach Launched their Airport -> City route Bus Eireann came along and completely over saturated the market with their Air Coach
Similar thing happened with number 10 when the red bus guy launched his service.
Only heard at the start of the summer that this Red Bus guy lauched a bus on the number 8 route but Bus Eireann do their usual and announce that they will increase the service to every 10 mins.
Bus Eireann are a bunch of shits really.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼