Carrigtohill Shopping Village

The City should mind their own pot before objecting or concerning themselves with spacious development.

The City can be a warzone at times, drug addiction is rife and you will be tapped walking through town, it is not safe at times.

The way society has gone, the City is now relevant for the following (1) Phone repairs (2) Vape purchases (3) Work (4) School/College (5) Donuts (6) English market (7) wining and dining.

Leave the designer label enthusiast to their retail centre and move on

We are lucky that we have a small compact attractive walkable city centre but it does need work in areas (derilection and empty retail) and improvements to the public realm-McCurtain St and that whole area will be excellent when complete.

Tourists want to see something different from back home anyway and the city is growing and expanding population and a decent place to live and work. Part of this car dependent retail "village" business plan is to bus tourists up from Cobh on the 120 odd days a year that there are big cruise ships in the harbour which seems like a very weak business model and the hard pressed locals only have so much to spend anyway.

Anyone who has visited Kildare Village outlet centre or similar centres abroad will confirm that these places are very bland anyway and what is actually on sale there not worth the effort. I was in one in the U.S. recently (No focking choice :-( ) and it was far superior to Kildare and on a massive scale and closer to an actual shopping centre with play areas and restaurants.

Let the planners etc deal with it.

Agree with bolded part 100%.
And also agree with such places being bland but that isn't to say they don't have their place and that they don't have a benefit.

IMO given the planned location, it is mostly going to draw people (and successfully so) from the wider county and even surrounding counties. I just wouldn't see it affecting the city center in any big way.

Anyway I don't really have any more to contribute on it as I'm not overly bothered about it either way.

The City should mind their own pot before objecting or concerning themselves with spacious development.

The City can be a warzone at times, drug addiction is rife and you will be tapped walking through town, it is not safe at times.

The way society has gone, the City is now relevant for the following (1) Phone repairs (2) Vape purchases (3) Work (4) School/College (5) Donuts (6) English market (7) wining and dining.

Leave the designer label enthusiast to their retail centre and move on
That is a policing issue.

How they left a homeless shelter down behind the Clayton Hotel near the bus station is a mystery to me.

Patrick street has changed so much in recent years, for the worse. The rental rates are astronomical and probably the highest in the state. Council should work on getting the rates down to make it more attractive, even for local businesses.

Anti social behaviour is another thing to tackle unfortunately.

A retail village in Carrigtwohill has little bearing on the city centre.

Patrick street has changed so much in recent years, for the worse. The rental rates are astronomical and probably the highest in the state. Council should work on getting the rates down to make it more attractive, even for local businesses.

Anti social behaviour is another thing to tackle unfortunately.

A retail village in Carrigtwohill has little bearing on the city centre.
But but but the CBA 😂😂

If it was an IKEA that was being proposed I'd say fair enough but we have more than enough bland clothes & sports shops in the city and surrounds as it is.

Personally I get all my designer gear online.

They're entitled to have an opinion on it, it's funny when you have the usual suspects on here moaning that the city centre is dying on it's feet but they support a retail village which would, if it took off, kill off the city centre altogether.

There's a cycle way all the way to the proposed site m8.

On your bike.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼