Carrigtohill Shopping Village

By the way, Kildare Outlet Centre is 53 kms from Grafton Street in Dublin.
The field in Carrigtwohill is 17 kms from Oliver Plunkett Street in Cork. They also place great emphasis in their business plan on the cruise liner traffic from Cobh. That traffic will take years to get back to anywhere near what it was pre covid. Also, the proposed site is too near the shopping district in Cork city centre. This whole thing was a blatant attempt by a bunch of parish pump neanderthal councillors to put one over on Cork City Council after the boundary extension went against them. If they want to waste ratepayers money on a futile legal battle, let them. The proposed location of this is totally unsuitable. If they are worried about Limerick, then they should relocate it.
Put it in some ballygobackwards site near a motorway, like Mitchelstown or somewhere.

Perter Burke is from Mullingar and is looking after his neighbours in Kildare .As anything that would bring hundreds of jobs i have never been in the one in Kildare i doubt i would go to the one in Carrigtowill ,but 100.s of jobs are not to be sniffed at.

The field in Carrigtwohill is 17 kms from Oliver Plunkett Street in Cork. They also place great emphasis in their business plan on the cruise liner traffic from Cobh. That traffic will take years to get back to anywhere near what it was pre covid. Also, the proposed site is too near the shopping district in Cork city centre. This whole thing was a blatant attempt by a bunch of parish pump neanderthal councillors to put one over on Cork City Council after the boundary extension went against them. If they want to waste ratepayers money on a futile legal battle, let them. The proposed location of this is totally unsuitable. If they are worried about Limerick, then they should relocate it.
Put it in some ballygobackwards site near a motorway, like Mitchelstown or somewhere.

Thanks for establishing Kildare is in Kildare.

Roald Amundsen can easy.

It’s probably best to wait and see what the joint retail strategy for metropolitan Cork looks like.

Rather than have some Neanderthal mucksavages trying to score political points so that they can make some parochial political gains

How far is Mahon Point from Oliver Plunkett street? Is that too close to shopping district of Cork City centre?

Perter Burke is from Mullingar and is looking after his neighbours in Kildare .As anything that would bring hundreds of jobs i have never been in the one in Kildare i doubt i would go to the one in Carrigtowill ,but 100.s of jobs are not to be sniffed at.

Doing something for the sake of "jobs" is just stupid as a car dependent shopping "village" on the outskirts of the city would also decimate retail jobs elsewhere who are already in peril due to C-19 and online shopping.

Do you want a lively thriving city or some bland American style car dependent mall doughnut development?

Politicians should be educated on this before backing this daft outdated idea.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sprints

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼