Car Insurance

Doing the bills the other day, and we worked out that between us, were it not for getting a generous deduction for being long term customers, had we got car insurance with the best offers we got from insurance companies, we would have paid €1350 in car insurance.

Both of us are full long term drivers, no accidents ever and we have an 1.2ltr 05 fiesta and a 1.4ltr 07 207.

Given that last year we literally paid half that in insurance it's some jump.

Which got me thinking. Why are the water protesters complaining about paying for water which is treated piped straight to their door, when in all probability they're paying up 10 times that amount for mandatory car insurance?

In terms of being forced to pay for something, society in general gets absolutely nothing in return for car insurance. It's not a tax that the Government can take, it's an added expense on households, drives up the overall cost of cars, and for the vast majority of us is simply wasted money. Imagine a two car family having an extra 1500 to spend a year in the economy?

Between the improved roads, NCT, penalty points and greater driver awareness, driving has never been safer in terms of accidents. And usually if there is one, it's handled without insurance for fear of a massive bump in premium if you do claim, which basically makes insurance pointless.

I honestly can't see any upside to mandatory insurance that cannot be easily counter claimed by making it voluntary.

Robbing people blind and not one of them will ever suffer any consequences for it.

They are playing a sneaky game that will end with them making even more money.

Absolute gangsters.

Doing the bills the other day, and we worked out that between us, were it not for getting a generous deduction for being long term customers, had we got car insurance with the best offers we got from insurance companies, we would have paid €1350 in car insurance.

Both of us are full long term drivers, no accidents ever and we have an 1.2ltr 05 fiesta and a 1.4ltr 07 207.

Given that last year we literally paid half that in insurance it's some jump.

Which got me thinking. Why are the water protesters complaining about paying for water which is treated piped straight to their door, when in all probability they're paying up 10 times that amount for mandatory car insurance?

In terms of being forced to pay for something, society in general gets absolutely nothing in return for car insurance. It's not a tax that the Government can take, it's an added expense on households, drives up the overall cost of cars, and for the vast majority of us is simply wasted money. Imagine a two car family having an extra 1500 to spend a year in the economy?

Between the improved roads, NCT, penalty points and greater driver awareness, driving has never been safer in terms of accidents. And usually if there is one, it's handled without insurance for fear of a massive bump in premium if you do claim, which basically makes insurance pointless.

I honestly can't see any upside to mandatory insurance that cannot be easily counter claimed by making it voluntary.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/national-protest-against-soaring-cost-11338735

Had been with the same company for 12 years. Quoted me 925. Went to a different outfit and got the same cover for 520 and even at that I think i am being done.

i tried to save a few quid on my renewal last august, didnt bother with
windscreen cover, sure as hell a flying stone put a handy crack in windscreen last week,

I got my renewal today, even though I've passed my test since last year, its gone up by 400 euros. Ridiculous.

Get on to Chill Eoin, let them do the leg work. I was with 123 the last 4 yrs , no claims , full license , no points paying the bones of €600.00 . They quoted me €830.00 this year and not a penny less . Don't pay that don't want you as a customer any more . With a crowd now ARB still at the bones of €600.00 . Crazy money all things considered.

Get on to Chill Eoin, let them do the leg work. I was with 123 the last 4 yrs , no claims , full license , no points paying the bones of €600.00 . They quoted me €830.00 this year and not a penny less . Don't pay that don't want you as a customer any more . With a crowd now ARB still at the bones of €600.00 . Crazy money all things considered.

Oh I am yeah, will be checking out a few different places. My mother in law had a similar situation as yourself a few months back, shopped around and got it pretty much for the same as the previous year.

Pure bullshit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼