Boarding planes with no seat allocation.

Why can't it just be the done thing that first on goes all the way to the back and the plane fills from the back forward?

This would reduce the amount of plonkers blocking up the aisles as the plane boards.

Most flights are 99% full nowadays anyway so it wouldn't lead to unbalanced loads.

Surely this would decrease load time and turnaround time and make airline companies happier.

what's the point of turning up on time if you can not get the seat you want and be last off??

A fair point but the greater good would be the less stress of rushing to get 'that' seat and the faster boarding times without being first on the plane and sitting there for twenty minutes cos some fat cow has to remove forty layers of clothing and pack away ten duty free bags before finally squeezing her arse into the seat on then to stand up to allow another plonker sit inside her and off we go again.

Alternatively they could load from the rear and exit from the front.

Because the rear doors aren't always opened when you land so if you want to get out quick you sit near the front.
People who'll be waiting at the carousel for luggage should have to sit at the back. They'll be waiting anyway

True and I for one would like it. Most airlines let familys go first and we are slow. Mostly I wait until last so impatient people can stop giving me dirty looks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival : I Draw Slow

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼