Any Builders here?

CorkAnimalFriends said:
Ok, I need approx 80 meters covered altogether. I was thinking of maybe 60 meter section to be fenced and one 20 meter section to be walled. The 20 meter section already has a wall but its very low, only about 2foot, and very old. This is road facing. I wonder could it be demolished and a new one built to about 4' without planning? Its a rural area.

Someone has already recommended a fencing company to me tonight - can anyone recommend a builder or someone to quote me for the wall? I dont even know where to start - I is a bit clueless and I think the people who gave me the quotes today were picking up on this....I guess the fact that I was shivering and prancing around in heels on site didnt help.

I think the boyfriend should be sorting all this out for you.

He's clearly not good enough for you. ;)

Im not allowed mention spending 6k on fencing for dogs around him - that is if I want to keep him!! :D ;) See - he reckons he can grab a few planks of timber and do it himself....but I reckon Id be waiting til end of summer 2016 and it would end up looking like Fifi Flowertots Cottage. He also thinks Im paranoid about the dogs - which I am. I just reckon I need to keep my mouth shut and go and organise this myself - then make a sneaky withdrawal from his bank account for "food" and other misc expenses. LOL ;)

CorkAnimalFriends said:
well...yes... one of my dogs is afraid of red buckets and the other is afraid of brushes or any loud bangs.

Play em a tune love..

gaydogs.jpg

Or show em this picture of a dog that ran off from it's owner..

dog.jpg

The best fencing contractor bar none are the Farm Relief Service. They are quick, efficent but they tend to be very busy so their lead in time could be in the region of approx 4 weeks. Most importantly they are not very expensive, a Timber Post & Wire fence, 4 foot high, supplied & fitted would cost approx €20 - €25 per meter length + vat. Alternatively you could head down to the local hardware store, get a few rolls of wire fencing (comes in 20m rolls), a few stakes, box of staples, straining wire, strainers, hammer, slegde, a few enthusiastic helpers & bobs your uncle, the whole lot fitted in 1 Day for around €1,300.

Now for the block wall option, this WILL be the most expensive option as since builders are such greedy bastards they will charge you through the nose because the job is just too small to make any decent bit of profit. I reckon that you would get a your 88m wall, built with block on edge, approx 1.50m high for between €12,000 - €15,000 + vat, excluding plastering & painting. But if you want to do the blockwall route the most efficent option would probably get a few blocklayers or handy tradesmen to do it as a nixer over a few saturday's which should work out a bit cheaper, the only catch with this option would be in relation to insurance issues in so far they probably would not have public, product or employers liability so if they had any accident, then you would be held liable.

Anyone have dealings with this crowd? They only do cash in hand but are fully insured and registered.

Attachments

• received_1129423917716583.jpeg
    received_1129423917716583.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 21
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Vault 003

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼