An extra bank holiday

spoke to a friend earlier, He is a paramedic with HSE he says the amount
of weekend overtime available is unreal but nobody wants to do it,
people just want time to unwind and relax, covid has changed a lot of peoples outlook on life,

spoke to a friend earlier, He is a paramedic with HSE he says the amount
of weekend overtime available is unreal but nobody wants to do it,
people just want time to unwind and relax, covid has changed a lot of peoples outlook on life,

This is so true, my wife works as a carer and the effect on the people working in this sector has been massive, the work life balance has come in to sharp focus

Yes, on average two less i think,

Maybe we should all have an extra bank-holiday so.

But that shouldn't take from the reward that the FRONT LINE workers in the pandemic deserve.

As you probably know, I'm a public sector worker and a union rep. And I've been in at work throughout the pandemic (apart from a couple of days in the first lockdown). I'd a letter from my employer pointing out that I'm an essential worker for when I occasionally got stopped by the cops, but I thankfully didn't have to deal face to face with actual covid sufferers.

I think I am absolutely NOT due any extra payment and I frankly think it insulting to those Front Line health workers who did put their health and welfare on the line every day at work, that others would try climb aboard some kind of "gravy train" to get paid a bonus because they served people in shops or drove people who might have had covid, or administered "in" hospitals from the comfort of their own homes. Essential work is VERY different to essential FRONT LINE work.

There is NO WAY there should be a public sector wide bonus for the sacrifices of the front line health workers and the mere suggestion smacks very much of "flooding the lifeboats" in order that those frontline workers so worthy of a bonus and thanks and recognition of their sacrifice wouldn't get anything extra. It would be a crying shame if that happened imho.

Maybe we should all have an extra bank-holiday so.

But that shouldn't take from the reward that the FRONT LINE workers in the pandemic deserve.

As you probably know, I'm a public sector worker and a union rep. And I've been in at work throughout the pandemic (apart from a couple of days in the first lockdown). I'd a letter from my employer pointing out that I'm an essential worker for when I occasionally got stopped by the cops, but I thankfully didn't have to deal face to face with actual covid sufferers.

I think I am absolutely NOT due any extra payment and I frankly think it insulting to those Front Line health workers who did put their health and welfare on the line every day at work, that others would try climb aboard some kind of "gravy train" to get paid a bonus because they served people in shops or drove people who might have had covid, or administered "in" hospitals from the comfort of their own homes. Essential work is VERY different to essential FRONT LINE work.

There is NO WAY there should be a public sector wide bonus for the sacrifices of the front line health workers and the mere suggestion smacks very much of "flooding the lifeboats" in order that those frontline workers so worthy of a bonus and thanks and recognition of their sacrifice wouldn't get anything extra. It would be a crying shame if that happened imho.

A bloke from irish creamery milk suppliers had a right cut off certain sectors
who are jumping on the bandwagon, He says many of them worked from a laptop at the kitchen table , Where does it all stop?

A bloke from irish creamery milk suppliers had a right cut off certain sectors
who are jumping on the bandwagon, He says many of them worked from a laptop at the kitchen table , Where does it all stop?

It stops when those in authority and with the purse strings show some moral fiber and say NO to those who weren't dealing every single day face to face, up close and personal with people who actually had covid, not those who might have had covid, and were suffering so much from covid that their lives were in danger.

When they say NO to people who in the course of their job did not have to wear full anti-Covid PPE to carry out their jobs with covid sufferers and who frequently had to work much longer hours under all kinds of physical and mental pressures because so many of their colleagues were out having contracted Covid from the patients they were working with.

As you probably know, I'm a public sector worker and a union rep. And I've been in at work throughout the pandemic (apart from a couple of days in the first lockdown). I'd a letter from my employer pointing out that I'm an essential worker for when I occasionally got stopped by the cops, but I thankfully didn't have to deal face to face with actual covid sufferers. .

There are people dead in St.Finbarr's cemetery 80+ years who work harder than you and are hardly "essential" unless posting political propaganda on behalf of Sinn Fein all day every day is somehow classed as such.

It stops when those in authority and with the purse strings show some moral fiber and say NO to those who weren't dealing every single day face to face, up close and personal with people who actually had covid, not those who might have had covid, and were suffering so much from covid that their lives were in danger.

When they say NO to people who in the course of their job did not have to wear full anti-Covid PPE to carry out their jobs with covid sufferers and who frequently had to work much longer hours under all kinds of physical and mental pressures because so many of their colleagues were out having contracted Covid from the patients they were working with.

Yes but wait for opposition parties to slate government if certain sectors
are omitted,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
One Night In Nashville
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Pa Mulqueen - Limerick

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼