alienware

from what i've been told, they are a bit of a luxury to buy, instead of something cheaper which will give the same performance, i'm not sure are they that much more expensive or not.

they are perfect for gaming and multimedia - they are particularly strong on those fronts.

i'd go to alienware.com and build a computer on the site, then do the same on dell or something and compare the specs and prices.
interesting to look at....

the alienware offer 1tb (terrbyte = 1000 gb) of ram i think... which sounds great!

liam2me said:
anyone know anything about these systems?

these are very expensive machines and you should only consider one for gaming or some sort of high end development etc. The difference is that these machines are tuned to the nth to get the peak performance out of them and all the parts combined have been tried and tested many many times. This makes them far more stable than a mix and match hand made pc or a low end manufacturer. I would say check some reviews for the DELL XPS systems see if they are any good before you think about alienware. FYI: They are made in Ireland now as far as I know.

kon said:
these are very expensive machines and you should only consider one for gaming or some sort of high end development etc. The difference is that these machines are tuned to the nth to get the peak performance out of them and all the parts combined have been tried and tested many many times. This makes them far more stable than a mix and match hand made pc or a low end manufacturer. I would say check some reviews for the DELL XPS systems see if they are any good before you think about alienware. FYI: They are made in Ireland now as far as I know.

was looking at the XPS not much difference in price between the XPS and the alienware alternative with same specs. ya i saw that 0906....... helpline number

liam2me said:
was looking at the XPS not much difference in price between the XPS and the alienware alternative with same specs. ya i saw that 0906....... helpline number

that doesnt sound too bad, if you have the extra cash i would go for the alienware....

Alienware are very pricy allright. I'm wasn't the greatest fan of Dell but you can really do well from the outlet store on their website. I just picked up a fairly well spec'd machine for €1471 inc vat with three years warranty, and am very happy with it.

Its a 9400 with 17" WSXGA + screen, Gefore Go 7800 256Mb, Centrino Duo 1.86, 1 GB 667, DVD DL, 80Gb Sata, Bluetooth, WiFI, Card reader, 6 X Usb 2 ports, Firewire, Subwoofer and a nifty Windows Media Center remote control!!

Not as pretty as an Alienware but its bad looking at the same time. The GeForce needs overclocking but after that its savage enough for games. Having two processing cores is the dogs gonads for video editing though! Faster than the 2.2GHz Centrino machine I used before with Adobe Premiere.

Spec that on a Alienware and you are definatly paying a lot for looks and twaeking you can do yourself with a but of reading up. As with all outlet buys you gotta keep an eye out for the bargains.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼