Advice on possible wrist sprain or fracture

Did some sort of damage to my wrist, doubt I broke anything due to being able to move it fully and use the hand without any major pain.
But definitely did something to it and I've had a dull pain for about a week now.

Anyone know who the best person to go to first is, physio/doctor or straight to x-ray?

Don't want to spending anything more than I need on getting it sorted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Did some sort of damage to my wrist, doubt I broke anything due to being able to move it fully and use the hand without any major pain.
But definitely did something to it and I've had a dull pain for about a week now.

Anyone know who the best person to go to first is, physio/doctor or straight to x-ray?

how did you injure it ? ie how did you fall on it etc. Was there any swelling when it happened ?

Best practice is to visit doctor who will possibly arrange an xray...meantime if their is a swelling apply ice and bandage it to support the joint.

Fell pretty heavily on it, there wasn't really any swelling and there isn't any swelling now either, just tender.
This is why I don't think there could be anything broken

Dude, fill a pot of bucket with ice water, leave the ice water for about 5-10 minutes until its freezing cold. Stick your hand it and keep it in there for 30 seconds. If the pain is too much then its more than likely broken or fractured as the nerve endings will be damaged and driven mad by the temperature shock. This is not 100% accurate but more so 80-85% I reckon.

Failing that you've probably left it too late for an xray as the bones if damaged will have started to heal and you could end up with them having to rebreak the bone for it to set

Dude, fill a pot of bucket with ice water, leave the ice water for about 5-10 minutes until its freezing cold. Stick your hand it and keep it in there for 30 seconds. If the pain is too much then its more than likely broken or fractured as the nerve endings will be damaged and driven mad by the temperature shock. This is not 100% accurate but more so 80-85% I reckon.

Failing that you've probably left it too late for an xray as the bones if damaged will have started to heal and you could end up with them having to rebreak the bone for it to set

Nice one, I'll give it a go later on, fingers crossed it won't need any rebreaking....I would have been in much more pain I'd imagine if it was broken!

Nice one, I'll give it a go later on, fingers crossed it won't need any rebreaking....I would have been in much more pain I'd imagine if it was broken!

Not necessarily - clean breaks are often painless as such outside of localised discomfort, greenstick fractures are a bastard though.

You'll be grand and stop trying to copy the fifty shades of grey or you'll end up in more grief like this lol yeah yeah I fell on it - that old chestnut

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼