A Tribute to Presentation Brothers College (PBC)

I found leftys grave - its in st. olivers near rory gallagher's if any body wants to check it out. It didnt looked cared for. I dug his classes... great fun inbetween the insane violence and equally insane latin jokes...

In the 25+ years since I left Pres, I haven't taken many opportunities to think about the place. Doing so, I would admit that my overwhelming memories are positive. Seeing the names of many of the teachers mentioned here certainly bought a smile to my face. Having dated a teacher during my time living abroad, not to mention seeing today's teachers many of who are younger than me, I'm struck by how one's understanding changes depending on the point from which observations are made. I have nothing but good wishes for the living and respectful condolences for the families of the deceased when my former teachers who come to mind. Nobody was excluded for fault, just through the weakness of my memory. Ms Carey, Mr D. O'Brien, Mr O'Neill, Mr O'Shea, Mr Dunphy, Mr Hennessey, Mr Kelleher (RIP), Ms Kirwan, Mr Wall, Mrs Douglas (RIP), Ms Daly, Mr Twomey, Mr Goggin, Mr Duggan, Mr Keane... Franco (not sure I ever knew your family name :) - Brother Terrence, Brother Rupert. I supsect I was the first ever tennis captain to not be made prefect... but like my Murphy's, I'm not bitter Deccie Healy (RIP) :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼