2023 Premier SHC

You took that from one poster here that has an issue? Fair play, don't ever change.
This one poster just refreshes memories.
People haven't forgotten Glen Rovers previous convention motion to remove divisional and college teams from the county championship. If Imokilly win this years Senior Championship I wouldn't be surprised to see another motion being proposed.

And why should second teams be allowed enter intermediate and junior championships and possibly beating real intermediate and junior teams?

Because thats the way the championship is organised. Leave well enough alone.
Real intermediate and junior teams? As opposed to make believe ones is it? Are senior clubs panel members who don’t play senior not allowed play intermediate or junior championship? Are you suggesting some players play championship in the same code with two completely different teams but others shouldn’t be allowed play at all? I’ve heard it all now 🤣

People haven't forgotten Glen Rovers previous convention motion to remove divisional and college teams from the county championship. If Imokilly win this years Senior Championship I wouldn't be surprised to see another motion being proposed.
The move for change will come from the board not the clubs, it’s only a matter of time

And why should second teams be allowed enter intermediate and junior championships and possibly beating real intermediate and junior teams?

Because thats the way the championship is organised. Leave well enough alone.
A valid point on 2nd teams.. a strong argument could be made that 2nd & 3rd teams are separated out into their own championship as well…
I’m totally in favour of the current set up..
What my City friend in proposing radical change is ignoring of course is our club history & tradition of playing outsiders. Some of the greatest senior club hurling teams of all time were made up of some players from next door and all over.. Almost inter county or super division type teams

It's farcical to suggest a player has to decide between his club or his division.
There are a number of reasons why there are so few transfers now. If a player is lucky enough to be from a relatively strong division and has hopes of playing with Cork at some level it's then an opportunity to showcase his talent at that level, the reason some of the so called Superpowers are not enamoured with the idea of the divisions is because they perceive them as a possible threat to their success. Also the reason some of them have won so many counties is that they were benefitting from transfers from the so called smaller clubs, the divisions have helped stall that to a degree and levelled the playing field.

A valid point on 2nd teams.. a strong argument could be made that 2nd & 3rd teams are separated out into their own championship as well…
I’m totally in favour of the current set up..
What my City friend in proposing radical change is ignoring of course is our club history & tradition of playing outsiders. Some of the greatest senior club hurling teams of all time were made up of some players from next door and all over.. Almost inter county or super division type teams
Different times and different eras, my own club won the premier senior hurling last year with 14 home grown starters and another 14 homegrown players on the bench. Same with our footballers in 2021. And if that wasn’t the case so what. Get over yourself

It's farcical to suggest a player has to decide between his club or his division.
There are a number of reasons why there are so few transfers now. If a player is lucky enough to be from a relatively strong division and has hopes of playing with Cork at some level it's then an opportunity to showcase his talent at that level, the reason some of the so called Superpowers are not enamoured with the idea of the divisions is because they perceive them as a possible threat to their success. Also the reason some of them have won so many counties is that they were benefitting from transfers from the so called smaller clubs, the divisions have helped stall that to a degree and levelled the playing field.
Nonsense, players used to transfer to city clubs because they came to work in the city and it was more difficult to get back home 40 years ago. Those transfers stopped in the 80s when roads improved and cars became a must have

If you seriously think any of the Senior clubs spend their time worrying about the divisions you are badly mistaken, 🤣

Now that there is no All Ireland Intermediate hurling championship I think it's important to give players from junior and intermediate clubs a platform to showcase their talents. Once you go past U20 your chance of making a name for yourself is extremely limited. I've been to all the games involving Avondhu for the past 2 years and they're still well off of Imokilly. Last year UCC fielded a very weak team against Avondhu, if they had all that was available they could have challenged Imokilly. The only qualm I'd have with the divisions/colleges debate is I think it should be Cork representives only for the colleges.

Real intermediate and junior teams? As opposed to make believe ones is it? Are senior clubs panel members who don’t play senior not allowed play intermediate or junior championship? Are you suggesting some players play championship in the same code with two completely different teams but others shouldn’t be allowed play at all? I’ve heard it all now 🤣
You know well what I mean by 'real' teams.

That suggestion by me is downright stupid. Same as your suggestion that lads who play senior with divisions shouldn't be allowed back to play with their clubs.

If you make silly suggestions then expect to get one in return.

Was the Glen Rovers motion approved at any level by the club?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tanq & Tunes

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼