2023 Premier Junior football

He was buttevants best player definitely but that’s not saying much. Cobh out wilk on him. Did a good job

Cobh can’t be bad as they made county final last year and have some fine players . I think there problems seem to be a lot of guys be missing as out at sea with navy ? That’s what I heard anyway not sure if it’s facts or not .

I was at the cobh Buttevant game. Wow cobh are an impressive outfit. Very well structured and set up with some great forwards. Timmy wilk is a fine footballer asweel. Buttevant unfortunately just can’t keep the best players fit. David hanlon went off after 15 mins with seems to be an ankle injury. His brother also didn’t play however he seemed to be moving okay on the line😂. Buttevant will be all out to get out of this group. They really aren’t firing. Score line flattered buttevant. Cobh 4 or 5 points a better team. Will make for an interesting last week of gamesButtevent are all hype lads seen them three times this year out sore of lenihen there pretty flat ohanlon is all puff there no bite I think he got a bit in the league final against a second string killmuray side but he’s too windy only for hesDad he prob wouldn’t last as long in as many games

I was at the cobh Buttevant game. Wow cobh are an impressive outfit. Very well structured and set up with some great forwards. Timmy wilk is a fine footballer asweel. Buttevant unfortunately just can’t keep the best players fit. David hanlon went off after 15 mins with seems to be an ankle injury. His brother also didn’t play however he seemed to be moving okay on the line😂. Buttevant will be all out to get out of this group. They really aren’t firing. Score line flattered buttevant. Cobh 4 or 5 points a better team. Will make for an interesting last week of games
A bit distasteful laughing bout an injured player.
Them 2 lads are clearly very talented but have no luck with injuries.

A bit distasteful laughing bout an injured player.
Them 2 lads are clearly very talented but have no luck with injuries.
Not distasteful very handy footballers but in the last two years they always seem to wilter when as one would say “the shit hits the fan” no grudges or anything against buttavant good footballing side I just think there’s an aura about them and when that bubble is burst within 60 minutes they tend to faulter for example this game and the previous game against Cobh last year and again I shall state no I’ll feelings towards buttevant and when joey logs on tonight/tomorrow I hope he will agree with My synopsis
For the overall conclusion of the JP if Millstreet get out of the group (by some means and the skin of there teeth) they are the only team that will put it up to kilmurray they can not be as bad as people were saying in the opening round

Injuries are not a valid excuse. It’s a weakness in a player, like other possible weaknesses, but worse. Being physically fit and able to play is a fundamental requirement. All top managers have a clinical attitude towards injured players ie Go away and come back to me when you get yourself fit to play again

Cobh seem to be a team that have been underestimated by many. They made a county final last year and beat a decent Buttevant side for the 2nd year in a row. They've blown that group wide open. St. Michael's out of contention now but I wouldn't rule them out of getting a win v Cobh to help stay out of relegation. Michael's aren't a bad side at all. But I'm sure Cobh got a lot of confidence from today.

Buttevant always seem to have the spotlight on them, particularly on here. A team with 7 or 8 Cork minors over the last few years probably puts them on a pedestal. Injuries and player retention has been an issue for this team over the past few years and that has probably has slowed their progress as a result. If everyone was available and hopping fit, you'd give them a chance but it doesn't seem to be going that way for them.

Good to see Millstreet find some form again. Mark Ellis's return from the US has certainly given them a boost. Kinsale rattled the favourites Kilmurry but will be fighting to avoid relegation. That just shows how tight this grade is.

Urhan beating Ballydesmond was a big shock today leaves their group wide open.. In fact lots of results today left all the groups wide open, proud of Nicks, great performance out of them, heads could have dropped late in the game but they kept fighting and deserved the win.

Cobh seem to be a team that have been underestimated by many. They made a county final last year and beat a decent Buttevant side for the 2nd year in a row. They've blown that group wide open. St. Michael's out of contention now but I wouldn't rule them out of getting a win v Cobh to help stay out of relegation. Michael's aren't a bad side at all. But I'm sure Cobh got a lot of confidence from today.

Buttevant always seem to have the spotlight on them, particularly on here. A team with 7 or 8 Cork minors over the last few years probably puts them on a pedestal. Injuries and player retention has been an issue for this team over the past few years and that has probably has slowed their progress as a result. If everyone was available and hopping fit, you'd give them a chance but it doesn't seem to be going that way for them.

Good to see Millstreet find some form again. Mark Ellis's return from the US has certainly given them a boost. Kinsale rattled the favourites Kilmurry but will be fighting to avoid relegation. That just shows how tight this grade is.
I agree North Cork Star. This grade is ridiculously tight and can only be taken on a week by week basis. I do think Kilmurry are the favs and will be tough to stop however. In terms of relegation Michael's have an outside chance of qualifying but tough to see them not involved in the relegation final looking at the amount of players there senior team has used in the first two it is clear the premier junior side has suffered. With one or two of those players we could of been talking about them with two wins on the board. You'd imagine it will be them against Kinsale in the relegation final.

This grade has got fierce stick but in terms of unpredictability, close games, and surprises it has not been a let down so far.

I agree North Cork Star. This grade is ridiculously tight and can only be taken on a week by week basis. I do think Kilmurry are the favs and will be tough to stop however. In terms of relegation Michael's have an outside chance of qualifying but tough to see them not involved in the relegation final looking at the amount of players there senior team has used in the first two it is clear the premier junior side has suffered. With one or two of those players we could of been talking about them with two wins on the board. You'd imagine it will be them against Kinsale in the relegation final.

This grade has got fierce stick but in terms of unpredictability, close games, and surprises it has not been a let down so far.

I wouldn’t be too sure about Kinsale being in relegation battle because if they beat milstreet they are as good as qualified for the quarter finals. That’s presuming kilmurry beat St James which is more likely than not . Kinsale have every chance of beating milstreet from what I seen watching both teams at the weekend..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼