2023 Premier Intermediate football

Don't know if their hurlers are back but it would not be fair to the lads who didn't play hurling who put in an effort all year if the hurlers came along and just started.
In saying that it is a relegation final and everything possibly goes out the window to stay up.
It would mean a lot more to Macroom to stay up and I think that will be the case.
A lot of the hurlers came back and played against cill na martra and they were still well beaten. They used 18 players V cnm and only 9 of them featured against aghada in the previous round.

Last edited:
the age profile is good, Danno, Desmond, Corkery and probably 8 or 10 others were in team beaten by Douglas in u21a/prem final in 2017 so they are now 26/27, not many younger lads coming through. Kanturk were a bogey team, knocking them out 3 or 4 times in close matches. They have done great in Div 1, staying up and getting into top 4 at times, despite guys playing county. They have also had a good few injuries to top players. https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-41232577.html

Bantry beat Nemo comfortably enough after a tight first half today. I think Kilshannig might have too much for them. Ruairi Deane wasn’t playing

What were Piarsaighs trying to achieve exactly by playing the returning hurlers? To stay in the grade? For what purpose? To get hammered again next year with the only guys allowed play football? Would they not be better off sticking with the guys who got them out of a hole and letting them find their feet?

Bantry beat Nemo comfortably enough after a tight first half today. I think Kilshannig might have too much for them. Ruairi Deane wasn’t playing
I’d agree about Kilshannig but I wouldn’t read too much into it today, I watched the game today and between conditions and the pitch (which seemed very tight) it was more of getting over the line then worrying about a good performance.

Kilshanning v Bantry Sat 7th at 5pm in Coachford
Castletownbere v Cill na Martra Sun 8th at 3pm in Bantry
Kilshanning Cill na Martra final.

These two games could go anyway and if any team will match or even better CNM hard hitting and physicality it is CTB .
I’d just about give kilshannig preference over Bantry but wouldn’t be surprised if it was Bantry who come out on top either . 2 tight games

CNM looked very impressive in the second half at the weekend, if they play like that again they will be very hard to stop, would fancy them to get over CTB easy enough.
Hard to judge Bantry on Yesterday's performance, conditions looked very poor looking at it on the tv but that was good scoring on a day like that. Looked to go direct Yesterday, with Deane back you would imagine he will look to run with it more.
I would expect Kilsahnnig to beat Bantry by 4/5 points, once Kilshannig escape from Hurling at the weekend without any injuries.

Kilshannig to beat CNM in the final in a low scoring cracker!

CNM & Kilshannig both to get through fairly comfortable....Deane's injury is long term and Bantry look average enough without him...
Deane seemed to be running around fairly ok in the warm up and I thought he might have come on with if not for the 2 bantry goals in second half.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼