2022 Premier Senior Hurling

He was playing senior hurling and has a senior county medal.
With a division, that isn't club hurling. How many competitive matches they play a year?
His behaviour has been despicable throughout all this. Will get the full story during the week but its very disappointing to see this transfer get the green light
Coz you mate told you? Ffs, they should rename this place the fishwife forum, embarrassing

With a division, that isn't club hurling. How many competitive matches they play a year?

Coz you mate told you? Ffs, they should rename this place the fishwife forum, embarrassing

A division that's involved in the business end of championship every year.

O Regan had a poor reputation ever before he instigated this mess (with plenty of encouragement from Sars). That reputation didn't come from my buddies in the Hill who were often quick to defend him. People who have dealt with him in the Mon, with Imokilly and with Cork don't seem to have much time for him. You needn't do much digging to hear the stories.

Not that O Regan cares but I, and most people in the GAA would have zero respect for a guy that leaves his club for no apparent reason to move to a neighbouring club.

O Regan had a poor reputation ever before he instigated this mess (with plenty of encouragement from Sars). That reputation didn't come from my buddies in the Hill who were often quick to defend him. People who have dealt with him in the Mon, with Imokilly and with Cork don't seem to have much time for him. You needn't do much digging to hear the stories.

Not that O Regan cares but I, and most people in the GAA would have zero respect for a guy that leaves his club for no apparent reason to move to a neighbouring club.
Bar wanting to play senior hurling with a club. Seems a fairly big reason to me. As for his reputation, as I said the fishwives forum.

Bar wanting to play senior hurling with a club. Seems a fairly big reason to me. As for his reputation, as I said the fishwives forum.

If every player took that attitude there'd be no point in the GAA having junior or intermediate clubs.
I played for a club that came up the ranks from intermediate to Senior and has provided Cork with a few big players down the years. Our club would have achieved nothing if our best forward had f*cked off up the road to Sars.
I have a lot of respect for the Hill, like all clubs in this area hurling is a religion to them so to see their star forward turn his back on them like this after all they did to develop him must be absolutely sickening. I've no doubt they'll come back from this but it could take 2 or 3 years.
The whole thing stinks.

Watergrasshill will be better off without him in the long run. Might hurt initially but having a player like that doesn’t make it enjoyable for the others.

If every player took that attitude there'd be no point in the GAA having junior or intermediate clubs.
I played for a club that came up the ranks from intermediate to Senior and has provided Cork with a few big players down the years. Our club would have achieved nothing if our best forward had f*cked off up the road to Sars.
I have a lot of respect for the Hill, like all clubs in this area hurling is a religion to them so to see their star forward turn his back on them like this after all they did to develop him must be absolutely sickening. I've no doubt they'll come back from this but it could take 2 or 3 years.
The whole thing stinks.
More anecdotal nonsense, the lad is 21. If he doesn't want to play with Watergrasshill anymore so be it.

Last edited:
Sars should not have him join the Club, won't do anything for morale in the Dressing room. Outsiders like who are medal hunters never fit in to a club . Newtownshandrum had a few, one Dad went as far as buying a house to get the transfer through.

I tend to agree with you. Its a a shambles and a lot of the senior clubs within Cork seem to recruit players from 'lesser' clubs to try and achieve success. Both Sars and O'Regan should be ashamed of themselves. Along all of the other clubs who have done the same. Smacks of a sense of entitlement.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼