2022 Premier Senior football

Will poor old Donnacha ever get a medal 😥
Setback for Duhallow after being in the mix at the top for the last while.
Moments of real class from Donnacha in the first half. He was so good on the ball.

Felt sorry for him second half. Legs were tired and you can see he was having to force those frees.

If Duhallow have the full Kanturk contingent it's a different game and they're real contenders. Hard to blame those lads though with their dual commitments.

Carbery were the smarter team in the final third. They were getting the ball into the hands of the right players for the final shot. Duhallow were a little wasteful second half.

I don't think that Carbery team will beat a Nemo, Barrs or Haven but you never know. Fair play on getting this far.

Saw the 2nd half only felt sorry for DOC his legs were gone ,on what i saw R Deane was the only one to stand
Ruairi Deane had a fine game even after taking a bad belt to the ribs. Donnacha’s legs were completely shot for last 20 minutes. The last free didn’t suit him either and should have been given to a left legger.

Carbery’s use of the bench was the difference I felt whereas Duhallow only made one sub. But they will need to improve to have any say in championship. It looked like it meant a lot to them after the final whistle which was good to see. Divisions have a purpose if done right.

A lot of people calling for players from senior clubs who go out in the group stage to be made available to play with their division later in the competition. This would have a huge affect in strengthening the division and creating a fairer competition, imagine adding 7-8 Clonakilty players to that Carbery team.
Said no one ever...your a character I will give you that.

Brian O Driscoll looks in great shape thinking if he keeps it up might be worth a look at again for the County team ...
100% in fine fettle, fitness is superb by him, looks like he is enjoying his football, really leading that Carbery team tbf.
Could fill a role at inter county level as a wing forward with his conditioning, well able to kick a score and links play well.

A lot of people calling for players from senior clubs who go out in the group stage to be made available to play with their division later in the competition. This would have a huge affect in strengthening the division and creating a fairer competition, imagine adding 7-8 Clonakilty players to that Carbery team.
And hope they wouldn't come up against Douglas.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

18th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼